Let's do a VVV custom shop run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's do a VVV custom shop run

I know a few folks around here are into it. Let's make one happen. I'll start it off with what I'd like - I am flexible though.
    <ul type="square">[*]big metalflake paint job like the gretsch sparklejet - red, blue, or green for the main color and silver for the rest[*]oiled maple neck[*]poplar or alder for the body wood[*]Duncan EVH in the bridge[*]Fralin Blues Special Strat single coil in the neck[*]ebony board with sharkfins[*]bound neck and headstock[*]some kind of whammy - v-trem, wilkinson, floyd, or kahler are all cool with me - iow, pretty much anything but a Bigsby[/list]

Thoughts?
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: Let\'s do a VVV custom shop run

Tim,I am sure Scott will be here to talk about how special run works but with these specs,even you order 1 or 10, the price probably will be the same.
    In this case if you really want what you spec'd above, it would be faster and easier to order it by yourself.

Comment

Yeah, on small batch usa select stuff, many options arent open. But its cool that Jackosn even allows it at all IMO.

Even if we did a small run of full blown custom shops... the price would be full custom shop prices..
      (not list sillies ;-)
      But certainly not these LTD pricing..
      Let me know if there is a ltd run of usa select model that you would want tweaked out within the limitations Jackson will allow...

Comment

Wow! That would be a cool limited run!

I'd say:
        Blue and Silver
        Neckthru
        2 hum
        floyd
        ebony and binding

Comment

For that matter, if you are content to do a few Custom Shop orders for these. I will get you guys a little better pricing...

Comment

It would be very hard to lock down a set configuration. One day I'll have to get one made. Red and Silver for me, single hum, gold hardware with Floyd.

Tim, you wanna put a SC in the neck of a VVV?!! Blasphemy!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I'm out on these specs. I ordered one a while back that should be in "soon" that spec'd out at over $6K IIRC. My bling-bling guitar.

Brett

Comment

Hey the Fralin was just an idea. I could go with a single or dual humbucker idea. Like I said, I'm flexible. I'd even do a hard tail, 24.75 scale. I was just tossing out something to get the ball rolling. I was figuring that if we could round up enough people willing to be a bit flexible we might be able to pull this off. These runs always seem to fall apart because people take an immutable stance on one feature or another. I respect that as well 'cuz no matter how good a deal you get it's still a lot of money.

Here's the way I look at it. If a VVV came along in good condition for pricing that was in line with a good discount on a new CS, a lot of folks here would figure out a way to raise funds and snag it even if it weren't precisely they're specs. I know I would (unless it had Newcenstein studs applied).

If you're into a VVV, let's see your specs. Maybe we can work this through - Scott has already said he'd knock a bit more off if we can get a few orders together.

Scott, tell me more about a LTD run. What will Jackson allow?

- Newc

Comment

I'd be in for a VVV from Scott...all the specs sound great minus the SC...
                  big metalflake paint job like the gretsch sparklejet - red, blue, or green for the main color and silver for the rest
                  oiled maple neck...matching headstock
                  poplar or alder for the body wood
                  Duncan EVH in the bridge (1H)
                  ebony board with sharkfins
                  bound neck and headstock
                  I'm open to any bridge...preferably string-thru...but I'd settle for a Floyd if need be...

I spec'd one out on the CS form and it came to $3660 with a ($120)Floyd option

- Joel
                  RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                  RIP Dime

Comment

Hey Tim, Got your message today. Ive been waiting to get a hold of Jackson to get a price firmed up a little better before I call you back.

Options for Custom Shops are pretty much sky's the limit.
                    Or should I say budgets the limit ;-)
                    I know that Jackson doesnt offer the LED lighting system for fret markers or fret light..
                    But otherwise, since these are full blown custom shops, pretty much anything. and the colors and specs dont have to be the same like a LTD usa select small batch.

So let me know what you guys want.

Comment

im in

Comment

I spoke with Scott about this and he will hook us up. Here's the sweet part - since this will just be several guys ordering CS guitars and won't be a real "run" of any sort we can vary the specs.

Who's in?

- Newc

Comment

Can't say that I am in for sure... but I am definately interested!

Comment

I want it badly but I can't do it. One day my VVV will come.

Comment

Mine's already on order, but depending on what y'all do, I may grab another.

Brett

Comment

Working...
                              X