Need Info on Green Snakeskin Bolt-on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Info on Green Snakeskin Bolt-on

I bought a green snakeskin Jackson bolt-on (not sure if it was a dinky or a fusion) new at Sam Ash Queens in about 1988. I traded it in to a Daddy's Junky Music Shop in Peabody Mass in about 1993. I have never seen another green snakeskin Jackson and I'd love to know if anyone else has.

Also, if somebody on the board owns this guitar I would love to see a pic or 2, and perhaps even open a dialog about purchasing it back from you. It was a bolt-on, maple board, black dots, single Humbucker, with gray molded Jackson case plastic. I replaced the stock hum with a Duncan and threw in a push-pull volume pot wired for series-parallel.

Thanks in advance for any info you folks can provide, and thanks for a great msg-board!

Re: Need Info on Green Snakeskin Bolt-on

Sounds like an awsome guitar. More amazed Sam Ash carried something that nice. Hope you find it

Comment

pedalGEEK, I have a green python Jackson Strat that sounds similar to what you are describing. Do you know the serial on the one you're looking for? Mine is one of the '87-'89 bunch. It is arguably my favorite looking guitar of anything I own. Maple body, maple neck, black dots, single hum, single vol. It's a refin done by Dan Lawrence and the hardware was probably replaced as well because it now has a gold OFR and tuners, etc. The head was painted to match.
      I took it to a tech last week to have the neck adjusted and it intonated. When I took it out of the case, about 6 people, employees and customers came up and were raving about the finish. Made me feel pretty good, especially because it's a Jackson and many of these people were young kids. Drawing their attention away from the ESPs and Schecters.
      I would probably never sell this guitar, primarily because it is one guitar that I can say grabbed me from the moment I saw it and in person, it is completely stunning. It plays brilliantly, sounds perfect, and is the perfect strat in my eyes. I also paid out the ass for it and I highly doubt that anyone would pay what I would ask. Let me know if you want a better pic or two. Ok, I need to learn how to post pics on the new board. This may take a minute or 10.

Comment

T-Bag,

If you can't get the pix up, e-mail them to me and I'll load them on my Photobucket page and post them.. Rock on SnakeCharmer!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Here they are....Thanks Dave, I'll email you in a little while. Got some cool as hell news!

Comment

Oh, that is sweet.... [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

I have 2 Jackson strats with a green snake finish. A 1 hum and a H-s-s.

Comment

Holy crap that thing is beautiful [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow man, that IS a sweet looking axe. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I have 2 Jackson strats with a green snake finish. A 1 hum and a H-s-s.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have two!?!? I think you should sell me one! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Wow I want that.

Comment

Is this the one you got off of the guy in Marblehead Mass?
                        I remember this dialog happening a few months ago.
                        all 3 of those are Sweeeeeeeeeeet. what's the Crossed Swords? GMW? I don't see a logo. Beaautiful!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

tmdiamond: That is a beautiful guitar--it's nicer than the one I am trying to track down! Mine was a dinky body with green snakeskin top and painted black back, with a painted black headstock top, with all black hardware.

mulder1966: I'd love to see some pics of those, especially the 1 hum. Thanks.

Comment

Dam that is a cool finish ,I love that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Wolf

Comment

Yeah, it's the one I got a few months ago. Yeah, the crossed swords is a GMW. I play the CS a LOT. It sounds gret and plays great too.

Comment

Working...
                              X