Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just surfed by the jackson site....

And noticed something: The SL-1T

Specs weren´t up yet (why am I not surprised [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] ). But to me it made the impression that the Shannon just became a producttion model, because with the exception of the chrome pickup ring it was identical to the standard SL-1. I think that would be great, as I don´t like how low the bridge is on the current ones [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Anyone know more about this? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Just surfed by the jackson site....

It is a non trem model introduced at Winter NAMM.
    The dealers like Easton, VWall have these in stock already.

Comment

Indeedy!
      I think I was the first one to have a production model..
      Ive sold a few of them osince winter Namm.. They are slow movers right now. I expect that will pick up as Jackson covers it more on the site.
      Ive been sitting on an SL2HT in TBK for several months. Finally sold mit last nite...

They are indeed nice guitars and a cool option for those that dont want an OFR

Comment

I think many people still don't know these guitars yet.
        Jackson needs to update it with a new catalog and more details on website.
        I don't understand why it was released as production model but with very little bit or none of promotion.

Comment

I've been really interested in the SL2HT since I first heard about it, but I've barely seen any pictures of one anywhere. All I've seen is the black one at Drumcityguitarland and the rest have been transparents. Jackson needs to get the word out on these.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            And noticed something: The SL-1T

Specs weren´t up yet (why am I not surprised [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] ). But to me it made the impression that the Shannon just became a producttion model, because with the exception of the chrome pickup ring it was identical to the standard SL-1. I think that would be great, as I don´t like how low the bridge is on the current ones [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Anyone know more about this? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like someone at Jackson screwed up on the picture used for the SL1T. Isn't that supposed to be a fixed-bridge guitar with a Tuneomatic? The Shannon had a lot of differences from the standard SL1--non-recessed trem, binding-over-frets, and old-style rounded neck heel. This guitar pictured as an "SL1T" appears to be nothing more than an SL1 with a transparent finish and flamed top.

Comment

Yes, they goofed on the picture, leave 'em alone... [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Just be happy they updated it a little bit, ie- the new JS30 imports! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Just be happy they updated it a little bit, ie- the new JS30 imports! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, that wouldn't even have happened but for me asking Brad T. to do something [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

yeah and what's up with the specs of the DKMGFF, it says :

BRIDGE PICKUP EMG® HZ
                  MIDDLE PICKUP N/A
                  NECK PICKUP EMG® HZ

while the picture has an open (probably duncan design)humbucker and 2 singles or stacked hb's. So wich pups does it have ?

Comment

I would imagine they are busier with Charvel than Jackson at this morment.
                    So no wonder why Jackson Website hasn't been updated.

Comment

Working...
                    X