Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more Masterbuild orders?

Hi guys

Do you know when it will be possible to place masterbuild orders again?

Since 2017 I’m trying to order a 24.75 scale Soloist with a Kahler.
    Unfortunately those options are not available as a custom select. And they don‘t take masterbuild orders anymore, which is a shame.

From what I have heard from this years name this is still the case and sounds like will be for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by Aso; 02-01-2019, 07:10 PM.

Comment

I spoke to someone from Jackson Custom and there's no timeline yet, and when they do allow them, they're not going to open the floodgates because they don't want to end up backlogged again..
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

And, when they do open up the books again, I suspect that we'll see another considerable hike for the "masterbuilt fee". In part, to simply cut down on the demand for using that route. Supply-and-demand, you know.

Comment

So this cat cant order what he wants? That sounds crazy. ...just sayiing. Is the Kahler a hangup or something?

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
            and, when they do open up the books again, i suspect that we'll see another considerable hike for the "masterbuilt fee". In part, to simply cut down on the demand for using that route. Supply-and-demand, you know.
            indeed

Comment

Originally posted by hazar View Post
              So this cat cant order what he wants? That sounds crazy. ...just sayiing. Is the Kahler a hangup or something?
              The kahler and the short scale on a soloist both push it into the Masterbuilt bucket

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                I spoke to someone from Jackson Custom and there's no timeline yet, and when they do allow them, they're not going to open the floodgates because they don't want to end up backlogged again..
                Thank you. I just hope they allow new orders sooner than later. The waiting is killing me.

Comment

Originally posted by xxx1 View Post
                  The waiting is killing me.
                  You're playing an ultimately deadly game by getting involved with a MB, then.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                    You're playing an ultimately deadly game by getting involved with a MB, then.
                    I have now been waiting two years and just to place my order and it seems I have to wait even longer.
                    Not really sure if it's worth the hassle. I love my Jackson's and all and I but I can't recall other guitar companies not accepting orders?

Comment

Try ordering a LACS from Ibanez..

Comment

Originally posted by xxx1 View Post
                        Hi guys

Do you know when it will be possible to place masterbuild orders again?

Since 2017 I’m trying to order a 24.75 scale Soloist with a Kahler.
                        Unfortunately those options are not available as a custom select. And they don‘t take masterbuild orders anymore, which is a shame.
                        Funny you should mention this. I wanted to order something similar as well, but with the crazy Masterbuilt Fees it would be crazy priced. Plus the fact wqe can`t order them. They need more machines and builders and drop the masterbuild fee. It wasn`t bad before Fender added all of that crap.

Comment

From what I hear, they don't want to go back to that - they want custom select to take the vast majority of custom order business, and then just have a very select few MB orders..

Comment

I am so glad i have ordered a masterbuild before all these

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                              Try ordering a LACS from Ibanez..
                              Good luck. You'd sooner get a Jackson Masterbuild order in than get something direct from LACS if you're not a signed artist.
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X