• Show
Clear All

• I’m about to buy ....

Jackson RR student San dimas 1985 1250€
    vs
    Jackson RR japan professional 1992 1400€
    need help to choose !!!!
    thanks

While I'm a huge fan of the Japanese line, the professional pro's especially, even if it was 1400 USD, that is about double the value. The RR's were the most common from the pro line so they are fairly abundant. There are probably 3 or 4 on ebay (USA) right now alone. All for under $900 USD. That is what, roughly 750 Euro?

So my choice would be the San Dimas, even though the student model is a more plain guitar, and probably has a Kahler (not my preference, but others love them). By plain I mean no shark fin inlays or binding.

Comment

Choices and more choices...
      If you are looking for a more appealing look on top of the Quality I would go with the RR pro.
      Both solid guitars. You can Never go wrong with a 90-95 Pro Professional model
      Bargin on the price. One in great shape $800 is the norm.

Comment

The other thing to take into consideration -
        They made 3 different Rhoads Professionals.

Comment

Jackson RR student San dimas 1985 1250€ No brainer made by the guys who made randy's... Sorry but a USA SanDimas 80-85 Snob :-)

Comment

Yeah, you gotta go with the USA if it's in the proper condition.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I'd expect a guitar in great shape for 1250/RR Student, though.
              As for 1400 for the MIJ RR...assuming it's the PRO with USA similar specs, it'd have to look un-played before I'd personally pay $1500+ USD for it.
              That's not saying a PRO couldn't be worth 1400 in the right market.

$1500 USD will get a used, mint/near mint USA model over here.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
              X