No announcement yet.

Introduction, questions and NGD: 1998 Jackson Shannon Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe the PG bridge sounds better in an LP? I dunno. But I do hear the same thing - great in the neck, and usually better paired with a Custom Custom in the bridge (which I love in my 1989 ESP Horizon).

Comment

Yes, Mike did make these, but he does not do paint or electronics, and I don't think he does the fretwork either. I'm not sure if he installs and cuts the binding. He cuts and shapes the body, routes and neck. It would be interesting for someone to ask though.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I don`t get the pearly gates either. Not enough roar and a flabby, woofy low end. Shannon Soloist however is awesome!!

Comment

I got one of these, but a 1986 original. It's black, with stock EMG's, top-mounted Floyd. It's heavy but it sounds heavy too. It's my first superstrat, I also come from Les Pauls so this was more familiar, although I have a strat too. It's definately a cross between a Strat and a Les Paul in some attempt. Either way,, I find mine very easy to play, although I'm not used to not being able to rest my hand on the bridge. I always wondered how the Mike Shannon ones compare

Comment

Originally posted by Acapulco Gold View Post
            I got one of these, but a 1986 original. It's black, with stock EMG's, top-mounted Floyd. It's heavy but it sounds heavy too. It's my first superstrat, I also come from Les Pauls so this was more familiar, although I have a strat too. It's definately a cross between a Strat and a Les Paul in some attempt. Either way,, I find mine very easy to play, although I'm not used to not being able to rest my hand on the bridge. I always wondered how the Mike Shannon ones compare
            Pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
              Pics?
              https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/15...=1#post1680047

Comment

Working...
              X