new SL1 YAY!!!! haven't had a NGD in quite a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new SL1 YAY!!!! haven't had a NGD in quite a while

I needed an SL1 for a cover band I'm working with and luckily someone on the facebook users group posted a link to this

the guitar is in beautiful condition. I polished the frets , oiled the fret board and restrung with D'Addario XL .95's, tweaked the trussrod a tiny bit and
    it's playing like butter. Not loving the Duncan Custom 5 in the bridge, a little "twangy" for my tastes, probably
    going to drop in BK nailbomb next week. Lil59 in the neck and classic stack + in the middle seem to be good enough.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Congrats. Have never been that much of a fan of the Custom 5, either, as it's a little scooped in the mids.

Got pics?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Awesome score! I dig the white!

Comment

That is a beauty- congrats!
        I'd probably put colored pickups in it, but that's just the 80s hair metal in me rearing it's ugly head

Comment

I don't know if I'm sold on the white bobbins myself. I have the original black bridge pickup ring, if I swap out the pickups I will probably go back to black.

Comment

Very cool. I remember seeing that one on FB now. Weird the pics didn't show up for me before. I think the white pups look great.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Bummer I can’t see the pics. It sounds really nice. Congrats and will be looking forward to it’s first live review.
              "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

I've checked this thread a couple of times from one computer using Chrome browser, and the images come and go randomly for me. It's because OP is using Photobucket as an image host which is unpredictable. Not sure if OP knows, but many people abandoned Photobucket because of their recent disabling of hotlinking unless you sign up for their expensive premium account. Any number of free image hosts will do a better job displaying images than Photobucket. Personally I use www.Imgur.com.

Great looking guitar!

Comment

ya I'll have to check out Imgur.com, Photobucket has gone down the tubes, and I'm not signing up for any premium accounts.

Comment

. Nice one, congrats.

Comment

I see them now. Looks fantastic!
                      "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

actually the Custom 5 is growing on me. I had to do a little re eq-ing on some of my patches and my JVM but I don't hate it.
                        I'm re thinking possible pickups to try in here.

Comment

What year is this SL1? I thought the pickup selector was supposed to be a toggle, not a blade :think:
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Great looking soloist! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                              What year is this SL1? I thought the pickup selector was supposed to be a toggle, not a blade :think:
                              Aside from a three-hum Gibson Les Paul, I think a toggle switch on a three-pickup guitar would be a rarity. A blade is normal for a three-pickup guitar; think about the typical Fender Stratocaster or Jackson SL1.

Comment

Working...
                              X