Jackson Road Warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Road Warrior

Capitol Guitars just got in the first one of these this week. I got to check it out when I picked up my CS ESP NV and since they announced them on their FB page I can post about it.

The design is a by product from Capitol Guitars and me working the Jackson CS to get a Death Warrior built. I instead had a baritone limba King V built at the end of the design process but Capitol Guitars went ahead and had a couple of these

Nope, not feeling it, This worked for the Kelly Star, but in this case, it looks like a Schizophrenic Rhoads, or Warrior, depending on the dominant consciousness in control at the time
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I'm not feeling it, either. Not the worst thing in the world, but still kinda strange.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ha! This reminds me of "Sharktipus" (half-shark, half-octopus), or the BC Rich Warbeast. No thanks.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

what bonehead put the jack on the lower bout?

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
            How did I miss that and I even had it in my hands. The idea just didn't gel for me but Capitol liked it and ran with it. Getting my baritone KV instead ended up allowing me to purchase a death warrior which is what I wanted. Still cool to see it in person.

Comment

It's not terrible but I'm not really feeling it either. The original Warrior is just about a perfect design and the Rhoads points just feel a bit off opposite the Warrior horns.

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
              it does look to point towards the strap button though. It would be awful it was pointing down.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

I like it (from the bridge pickup up) but the rest is a mess!

Comment

*Maybe* if the top wing was longer. As it is, it looks like it's further from the bridge to the lower front horn than to the top wing tip. Could just be the excessive black.

And it looks a bit fat under the pickups to fit the "Rhoads" dimensions.

Getting a Kelly Star vibe. That's not a good thing.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                  X