Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Soloist Custom "Fire Dragon" ... legit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Soloist Custom "Fire Dragon" ... legit?

Hi all,

I've seen this guitar for sale and I wonder if it's a legit one.
    It's supposed to be a 2001 Custom Shop, painted by Dan Lawrence, Jackson Soloist, with HH config and Floyd.
    Owner hasn't got a COA, but he has an invoice from a well known German shop.

I asked the jackson helpdesk and they couldn't track the s/n (no archives of such dates).

Any thoughts anyone?

https://i.imgur.com/xhY0eWV.jpg

I've seen this before. If I remember correctly, it was part of a 4 piece group (soloist, Kelly, Rhoads and KV maybe?) that were all painted with this graphic. I'll look around through my pics. I should have some pics of the entire group or the models.

Comment

I didn't remember a Floyded Soloist being part of that four-set. Here are pics of the four-set, all with TOM/string-thru bridges:

https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/14...y-Dan-Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
        I didn't remember a Floyded Soloist being part of that four-set. Here are pics of the four-set, all with TOM/string-thru bridges:

https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/14...y-Dan-Lawrence
        The original poster of that thread in 2016 also started this thread. Click the link in his first post there and see it's the same guitar with Floyd except it says it's from 2006 and this one is supposedly 2001.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          The original poster of that thread in 2016 also started this thread. Click the link in his first post there and see it's the same guitar with Floyd except it says it's from 2006 and this one is supposedly 2001.
          Yes, it was me back then ... I totally forgot I had posted before here, about this same guitar (apologies if i broke any rule about double-posting).

It just popped up again recently for sale, and it's definitely the same one .... and I'm still very curious if there's any way to confirm authenticity ....

Comment

Haha I was too dazzled by the four-set that I hadn't noticed yuri_1973 was the original poster of both threads. Plus, the photo links in his previous thread were dead.

Yuri, what exactly are you trying to confirm? Are you trying to determine if this Floyded Soloist is part of the original four-set? (My hunch is NO.)

Or are you simply looking to find out if it's a genuine Jackson? (My response is YES; is there anyone out there actually capable of replicating/faking a complex, intricate Dan Lawrence graphic such as this?)

Comment

Originally posted by yuri_1973 View Post
              Yes, it was me back then ... I totally forgot I had posted before here, about this same guitar (apologies if i broke any rule about double-posting).

It just popped up again recently for sale, and it's definitely the same one .... and I'm still very curious if there's any way to confirm authenticity ....
              No worries. I sometimes forget if I've posted stuff before.

Anyway, wasn't sure if it was the same exact guitar or not since the one was stated as a 2001 and the other a 2006. Sweet guitar either way.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Click here and scroll down a bit. Is the guitar from this set?

http://www.edroman.com/guitars/jackson_guitars.htm
                Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

not from that set. the one for sale on my area has a floyd. the soloist in that 4 set pic is a hardtail (TOM)

Comment

I have a Fire Dragon with similar inlays. Very cool. Buy buy buy!

Comment

I don't see why you'd think it wasn't legit. There were a couple of one-offs a number of years before the 4 piece set, if I recall correctly.

These would cost too much to fake.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                      X