X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jackson Owner and SN Help Request

Hi Everyone,

I'm a busy dad from Massachusetts and new member here

I recently purchased my first Jackson after trying out a multitude of guitars and finding the soloist was the perfect fit. I grew up playing a Strat and in my adult life I have tried to play Les Pauls for heavier music but just have never really bonded with them. I bought this USA made Soloist SL2H used recently and its an absolute beast! Feels very much like my old strat but it is truly made for distortion. I have also had issues with LPs staying in tune for some reason. This thing with the FR is so stable in that department. It came with a Tremelo-no installed which has been handy to have.

For those that have the serial number knowledge, any chance you could date this? The SN is U23261

Welcome aboard! Great find! Any idea what the color is called?

Comment

thank you - from google searching my best guess on the color is "Darby Green"

Page 6 of this PDF seems to have the exact guitar

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...6Sr0ssm53GqYig
      Last edited by SaltFox; 08-10-2018, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Definitely Darby Green. Nice guitar, congrats.

Comment

Nice score! According to my list the serial number U23261 puts the production date as a late 2010 to early 2011. I just bought an SL2H-MAH with the serial U23416 and believe it to be early 2011. Yours was built right around the same time as mine, just a little earlier. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by synapsistheory View Post
            Nice score! According to my list the serial number U23261 puts the production date as a late 2010 to early 2011. I just bought an SL2H-MAH with the serial U23416 and believe it to be early 2011. Yours was built right around the same time as mine, just a little earlier. Hope this helps.

Nice! Thank you

Any idea what kind of SD pups are in this? I haven't taken the strings off. I assume its a JB in the bridge - what would the neck have?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltFox View Post
              Nice! Thank you
              You're welcome. Happy to help.

Originally posted by SaltFox View Post
              Any idea what kind of SD pups are in this? I haven't taken the strings off. I assume its a JB in the bridge - what would the neck have?
              If it's got the stock pups in it, yes. Should be a JB TB4 in the bridge and '59 SH1N for the neck.

Comment

one with 40 numbers less is from october 2010, 5th.

Comment

So sweet-Congrats!!

Comment

nice guitar, love the color! congrats!
                    Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Yeah, looks like Oct/Nov '10.
                      Johnnyryche may come along and narrow it down.

Certainly one of the lesser seen finishes, too. It's a stunner.
                      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                        Yeah, looks like Oct/Nov '10.
                        Johnnyryche may come along and narrow it down.
                        I agree with Mudlark. Based on my list, it would have an October 2010 production date.

Congrats on the soloist! Nice color. You don't see that around very often.

Comment

Thanks everyone! Super helpful

this is my first Jackson and I’m really digging it so far. Things absolutely screams. I was in the market for a metal oriented guitar and I’ve always wanted a green axe. This poped up at the local used gear store. I tried out several Schecters and Ibanez’ but nothing had as comfortable of a neck as the Jacksons. The green finish sealed the deal.

Comment

Working...
                          X