No announcement yet.

Can anyone tell me what model this is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me what model this is?

I have an all black strat style guitar, single humbucker, Kahler trem,
    unfinished maple 22 fret bolt-on neck, Jackson made in USA logo on the
    headstock, Charvel/San Dimas neck plate, serial #5466. I believe
    I purchased this in 1986. Any help identifying this and ideas about possible
    market value would be greatly appreciated!

Serial number (5466) indicates 1986 San Dimas era Jackson. (5491 was the last Charvel neck plate out of the Glendora factory a.k.a. San Dimas)
    If I recall, early Jackson USA logo'ed bolt ons came with Charvel neck plates. The plate should be gold and black. I'm sure the gold is probably pretty worn by now, but that's how they were made.
    Reference image... https://www.usacharvels.com/id/image...digit_jpg.html

The Kahler kills some of its value, but some collectors love them.
    As for pricing, it's a pretty generic spec'd guitar, so don't expect a whole lot. Probably looking at $800 - $1,000 depending on the condition.
    -Rick

Comment

$1500 would require some luck, but it wouldn't be unheard of it's in really nice condition.

Knowledgeable guys will wait patiently until they find them for $1000 or less, which isn't uncommon in a market with sellers sometimes practically giving guitars away to see some cash. Used guitars are 10x more plentiful than buyers. At least 10x it seems.

I mean the Can/US market.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
      X