Custom Shop question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shop question

So I'm thinking about ordering a Jackson CS in the not so distant future For those of you that have gotten one, what is the ordering process? Payment options? Wait period? Any info you could provide me would be appreciated. Thanks!

Payment and discount depends on the dealer.

As for the process, you basically 'add' yours specs to the appropriate base model on the Custom Select part of the website, and then submit them to your dealer of choice. Then wait for the quote / work order to be sent to you, and go over EVERY detail. Then once you're happy with the specs, you pay your deposit and wait. Expect to wait for a year, and be surprised if you get it sooner..
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
      Payment and discount depends on the dealer.

As for the process, you basically 'add' yours specs to the appropriate base model on the Custom Select part of the website, and then submit them to your dealer of choice. Then wait for the quote / work order to be sent to you, and go over EVERY detail. Then once you're happy with the specs, you pay your deposit and wait. Expect to wait for a year, and be surprised if you get it sooner..
      Thanks, Neilli

Comment

As Ian said,go over every detail.........and then go over it again!My CS was just completed and it is beautiful,but not exactly as ordered.This seems to be all too common with CS orders lately.

Comment

You fill out your spec sheet, review it with your dealer. The dealer submits the spec sheet to their Jackson rep who sends it to the Jackson Custom Shop for approval and a quote. You may have some back and forth if you request options they will not accept. I got some concessions on my order.

Once you get a quote (took several weeks to get my quote), make sure that you very closely review the specs to ensure that they match what you requested. Once your spec sheet is good, you sign off on it, pay your deposit and the dealer sends a purchase order to the rep authorizing the build. The deposit amount is dependent on the dealer.

Once the order is accepted after you sign off you can request a spec sheet that includes your work order #.

At that point you wait for the guitar to arrive. The custom shop may contact you during the build if they have questions.
          Last edited by CaptNasty; 08-06-2018, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Yeah I submitted my spec sheet last week with my dealer, they called a couple times to verify things, then it was submitted to Jackson so just waiting on approval and a quote at this point. There are a couple things I wanted that were'nt available options so that might be a pain, but all good. Requested Mr Shannon to master build it as well. We'll see what they say...

Comment

Working...
            X