Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally obtain a 30th anniversary soloist !! The SL30 in red !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally obtain a 30th anniversary soloist !! The SL30 in red !

Will soon recieve the red soon... but just wondering if it be cool to keep the EMGs on them as stock than to swap out the emgs for duncans ?

Nice. Play it first and decide if you like the EMGs.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Nice. Play it first and decide if you like the EMGs.
      Haha... anxiety runs high over its arrival ! Well if i do swap to passives... what single coils will best suit a duncan distortion on the 30th soloist ? I am aiming to retain the 30th as classic soloist...

Comment

If you want something that sounds compatible with a Super Distortion, I suggest jamming a rotten cabbage and some cigarette butts in the single coil routs..
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
          If you want something that sounds compatible with a Super Distortion, I suggest jamming a rotten cabbage and some cigarette butts in the single coil routs..
          I have no idea lol.... but i meant duncan distortion thou am always a duncan guy... i heard too and found da emg 81 is tighter than the famous duncan blackouts...

Its so much clearer ! But no idea how the emg81 compares to a duncan distortìon

Since i got another 30th prototype it sounds great with the 59s and JB and i mostly wanna keep it stock thou..

I got another is a regular sl2h MAG... it has the same stock 59 and JB... i am not sure if a duncan distortion would serve all time better than the stock JB ...

So much being a jackson fan here the 30th is indeed a very unique soloist that is so different from the standard sl2h... i wonder if its the maple + poplar wings magic or its the magic with slightly thicker neck, neck heel and three piece maple...

Comment

If going with a Distortion, the Quarter Pounds are nice single coils that will pair up well. They're a little warmer and close to a P90-type single coil.

Comment

I used to play nothing but EMG's...until SD unveiled the Blackouts. Put a set in my RR1 and OH. MY. F'ING. GOD. what a difference. I think it's all personal preference though. Here's a video of my RR1 w/ SD Blackouts. Hope it helps your decision making

Last edited by synapsistheory; 07-25-2018, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by synapsistheory View Post
                I used to play nothing but EMG's...until SD unveiled the Blackouts. Put a set in my RR1 and OH. MY. F'ING. GOD. what a difference. I think it's all personal preference though. Here's a video of my RR1 w/ SD Blackouts. Hope it helps your decision making

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnQqUSlqVaU
                Thanks Andrew ! Nice jackson and very good playing !!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  If going with a Distortion, the Quarter Pounds are nice single coils that will pair up well. They're a little warmer and close to a P90-type single coil.
                  Thanks toejam for the advise... in anyway if you can also tell me which another singlecoil to go for and be pair up well with the DD at bridge and QP at neck as i am missing the middle SC... i would need a really nice warm sparkle clear chimey clean tone as well...

Comment

Well, my only guitar with single coils at the moment is my G&L Legacy with the QP in both the middle and neck positions (I actually ordered them through their Custom Shop and had the middle wound a little hotter since I keep it lower and out of the way of my pick, and the neck is slightly lower output with a degaussed magnet, but still pretty hot), plus a Lil Screamin' Demon in the bridge (since I also prefer a humbucker in the bridge). The regular production QPs will work well for what you're after.

Comment

Originally posted by hopkinsWFG View Post
                      Thanks Andrew ! Nice jackson and very good playing !!
                      Thanks! I did'nt realize they were single coils you were talking about. Oops.

Comment

Originally posted by synapsistheory View Post
                        Thanks! I did'nt realize they were single coils you were talking about. Oops.
                        Ah... no not at all is a HSS guitar.. i been looking at the H position more than the SS but am looking at having crazy options with the SS complimenting the H with more tones out of it lol

Comment

Interesting to know that jackson uses mini pots on the three knobs for their 30th anniversary.... not sure what kinda pots they are but i guess it probably an Alpha mini ? Thought Jackson always uses CTS... or could it be CTS mini ?

Comment

Thanks, that's just what I needed. I've been having severe Red Soloist Lust, and then this thread came along......
                            '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
                            '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
                            '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
                            '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
                            '90 Charvel 475 XL
                            '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
                            Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
                            Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
                            Marshall JVM410H

Comment

Originally posted by Black Shadow View Post
                              Thanks, that's just what I needed. I've been having severe Red Soloist Lust, and then this thread came along......
                              Haha... thx.. its so true after getting the red i am now lusting for the pink ! Lol so much guilt here to overspending but these old specs shannon build are to die for !

I may wanna getta custom shop in specs of the 30th anniversary build by Mike shannon in seafoam or burgandy mist !

Comment

Working...
                              X