X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good deal? Bad deal?

Just bought this for $1050.

https://imageshack.com/a/0Fvl/1

It needs a little work and TLC but nothing I can't handle.

Good deal? ...or did I overpay considering the condition?

I'd be happy with that price for that condition! Those are all minor bumps. Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
      I'd be happy with that price for that condition! Those are all minor bumps. Congratulations!
      Cool! I was trying to get him to sell it for under $1k because of all the damage, but that was'nt happening.
      Last edited by synapsistheory; 07-16-2018, 08:15 PM.

Comment

I think you made out great

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          I think you made out great
          Glad to hear that, Axe. I appreciate yours and NotP's inputs. I was'nt sure at the time of purchase. I've always wanted the black/purple ghost flame kv2 so I had to get it.

It looks like whoever owned it before was playing it upside down? I say that because of how the strings are setup and because of the random hole in the bottom fin where it looks like a strap button was installed and then removed. In any case, it is missing the allen key holder behind the headstock and it's also missing the black anodized trem cavity plate, but I have replacements for those on the way. Cosmetically, I'll touch up and drop fill the blemishes. I'm going to have to give the whole guitar a thorough cleaning for sure. The fingerboard looks grimy!

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't hesitate for $1050.
            It's a mid-2002 and that finish would've added around $200 (approx. $300 MSRP) to a standard black finish.

According to the '06 pricelist they had a $2999 MSRP in 2006, so '02 would be in that ballpark.

Street price $2300-2500 at that time?
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Good score. Keep us updated on the touch-up process. I have a little chip on the bottom horn of my KV Pro which I'd like to get settled in the future. Weird spots though. Are the pickups TB-4/SH-4 as well I assume?

And damn, Jacksons used to be so affordable back then. Or was it the same given the inflation from 02 to now?

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                Yeah, I wouldn't hesitate for $1050.
                It's a mid-2002 and that finish would've added around $200 (approx. $300 MSRP) to a standard black finish.

According to the '06 pricelist they had a $2999 MSRP in 2006, so '02 would be in that ballpark.

Street price $2300-2500 at that time?
                That sounds about right, Mudlark. Safe to say it was made in Ontario right before the move to Corona after the buy-out?

Originally posted by Yash View Post
                Good score. Keep us updated on the touch-up process. I have a little chip on the bottom horn of my KV Pro which I'd like to get settled in the future. Weird spots though. Are the pickups TB-4/SH-4 as well I assume?
                Thanks, Yash! Great score on your KV1! Happy for you, dude!

I'll definitely keep you guys updated on restoration. I know knicks and stuff add character to a guitar but I want to try and patch them up as best I can.

Yes, it has the stock tb-4/sh-4 SD Pups in it from what I can tell. I'm going to switch them for SD Blackouts though.

And damn, Jacksons used to be so affordable back then. Or was it the same given the inflation from 02 to now?
                Pretty sure it's basically the same with inflation.
                Last edited by synapsistheory; 07-18-2018, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by synapsistheory View Post
                  That sounds about right, Mudlark. Safe to say it was made in Ontario right before the move to Corona after the buy-out?

Thanks, Yash! Great score on your KV1! Happy for you, dude!

I'll definitely keep you guys updated on restoration. I know knicks and stuff add character to a guitar but I want to try and patch them up as best I can.

Yes, it has the stock tb-4/sh-4 SD Pups in it from what I can tell. I'm going to switch them for SD Blackouts though.

Pretty sure it's basically the same with inflation.
                  If you want a nice JB tone, you can also try Dave Mustaine's livewire set. It's an active version of JB and Jazz and I've mostly heard good things about them. If you put in blackouts, it'll be totally the same as Corey Beaulieu's KV2. He had one in the same colour back in Trivium's Ascendancy days, and since he uses blackouts these days, I am pretty sure he's got them in that guitar now. Both are badass pickups. But, I was wondering, why not go Fishman Fluences, or even EMG?

Comment

If you put in blackouts, it'll be totally the same as Corey Beaulieu's KV2. He had one in the same colour back in Trivium's Ascendancy days, and since he uses blackouts these days, I am pretty sure he's got them in that guitar now.
                    That's what I was going for Ever since I saw his BGF KV2 in this www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhyqQkH5zP0 I wanted to get one and put blackouts in it. I have blackouts in my black RR1 and love them! If I ever find his signature KV6 in Trans red I'm gonna snatch it up!

Comment

Originally posted by synapsistheory View Post
                      That's what I was going for Ever since I saw his BGF KV2 in this www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhyqQkH5zP0 I wanted to get one and put blackouts in it. I have blackouts in my black RR1 and love them! If I ever find his signature KV6 in Trans red I'm gonna snatch it up!
                      That solo and the whole song is just killer! Nice to see another Trivium fan around Corey doesn't get enough appreciation. He's currently my second favourite after Dave of course.

And I am looking for his Trans Red KV7. The only reason I bought the Arrow 7 was because the KV7 was waay out of my budget. It cost twice for the same spec save the pickups and different fingerboard radius, which is a big difference, but, paying almost 2.5 times, totally unjustifiable. And, my Arrow 7 was a pretty fair deal at $1800. It plays good sounds big. Good guitar. But, no Jackson. I can have a better comparison when I do have a KV7. Also, there was this Jackson Stars RR7 they made. A black metal playing chick in Russia has one, says it's killer and the neck is thinner than the one on KV7. Surprising.

Comment

Yeah, should be 'Pre-Fender'.

I hate that term, though.
                        People online started that crap simply because Fender is 'The Big Guy' and it's cool to hate TBG.
                        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I just got a great deal on a "pre-Fender" as well, same price (nearly) as synapsis too https://reverb.com/item/13823293-jac...blue-ghost-usa
                          I'm also not a fan of the "pre-Fender" schtick but people will say anything to get a few more bucks sometimes.
                          Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

That solo and the whole song is just killer! Nice to see another Trivium fan around Corey doesn't get enough appreciation. He's currently my second favourite after Dave of course.

And I am looking for his Trans Red KV7. The only reason I bought the Arrow 7 was because the KV7 was waay out of my budget. It cost twice for the same spec save the pickups and different fingerboard radius, which is a big difference, but, paying almost 2.5 times, totally unjustifiable. And, my Arrow 7 was a pretty fair deal at $1800. It plays good sounds big. Good guitar. But, no Jackson. I can have a better comparison when I do have a KV7. Also, there was this Jackson Stars RR7 they made. A black metal playing chick in Russia has one, says it's killer and the neck is thinner than the one on KV7. Surprising.
                            Agreed! I think it's one of the best(if not the best) solos they ever wrote and unfortunately not even on a Trivium album. He does'nt get enough credit. He's a phenominal player.

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                            Yeah, should be 'Pre-Fender'.

I hate that term, though.
                            People online started that crap simply because Fender is 'The Big Guy' and it's cool to hate TBG.
                            yeah I'm not gonna lie, I hate TBG. Not because it's "cool" or anything, I just never liked Fender guitars, period. I have both a "pre-fender" RR1 and post fender RR1 and I can't tell the difference in build quality and both instruments sound amazing!

Originally posted by jim777 View Post
                            I just got a great deal on a "pre-Fender" as well, same price (nearly) as synapsis too https://reverb.com/item/13823293-jac...blue-ghost-usa
                            I'm also not a fan of the "pre-Fender" schtick but people will say anything to get a few more bucks sometimes.
                            Glad you found one that you were looking for, Jim! I bought my trans black SL1 last month and I love it! Probably the best guitar I've ever played...but then again, I say that very same thing every time I pick up any of my USA Jacksons They all sound and play amazing! Congrats on your score! Make sure you post pictures for us all when you get it!

Comment

Yeah, it is VERY tough to beat a USA Jackson, and I see people spending thousands on boutiques all the time and not doing it. If you can get one for just over a grand, it's an absolute no brainer
                              Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Working...
                              X