• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need advices for trade

Hi guys

i would like to get some advices before i deal

i have Ibanez J custom 8420ZD and 8570nt

i got trade deal with my 8570nt to Jackson Dinky 1 USA 1997

my 8570Nt is 2002 model which is 1pc honduras mahogany body and upgrade Suhr SSV and SSH+ pickups

the Dinky 1 is 1997 model with tobacco sunburst serial number 003412

is it good deal?

I would not trade a contemporary J Custom for a Dinky, as much as I like Jacksons. I just sold a 2004 DK1 and while it's a solid guitar, the 8570 is surely better. As in better fretwork, better upper fret access and arguably a little more tonal variation

Comment

Originally posted by 1b4n3z View Post
      I would not trade a contemporary J Custom for a Dinky, as much as I like Jacksons
      Quote.
      Me neither.
      If I were you I'd hold very tight both those RGs

Comment

Originally posted by 1b4n3z View Post
        I just sold a 2004 DK1
        Not to split hairs, but the 2004 DK1 you sold is a different model from the 1997 DK1 that is being offered to alexiokim7. The former is the current (and second) iteration with 24 frets and dual EMGs, while the latter is the previous (and inaugural) iteration that had 22 frets, an HSS pickup layout, and transparent quilt maple tops (as far as every example I've seen).

Comment

Yeah, NOTP is right - they don't command the same price as a J Custom though..
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I wouldn't trade a J Custom for an 97 Dinky either. It's worth at least twice as much as the Dinky, without even having to look it up, imo.

Edit: Ok, I was curious and just looked it up, it guess it depends on which model. If it's the standard black, it's comparable. The topped guitars seem to get quite a bit more.
            Last edited by xenophobe; 07-06-2018, 03:17 PM.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Keep the Ibanez

Comment

I would trade away the Ibanez on principle for being a bolt-on guitar with the "NT" suffix in the model name.

Comment

Working...
                X