Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else see this Neck Through PC-1 for sale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else see this Neck Through PC-1 for sale?

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Ja...tric-Guitar.gc

For it to be this low, whoever traded it must have got totally ripped off considering what they were new.....

I thought you were kidding. Neck thru? Wow.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Gorgeous guitar. IMHO, though, they're going to have to come down on price significantly for that to sell. They were overpriced when new, don't expect that'll hold in the used market. ...I've been wrong before, though. LOL

Comment

Tempting, but the newer model with the baked maple neck and baked mahogany body will sound better, and they look better to me (color choices).
        It's been said the roasted/baked woods are more stable in changing environments..

And you can get a brand new one (take advantage of no interest payments and warranty, free returns) for less $$ than this one...

Of course neck through and reverse headstock is super desirable, though!

Personally I would also look for a better grade quilt top as they are all slightly different..you can choose if buying a new one..

And soon there may be a newer version of the PC-1 with more changes ?

Comment

Love the baked maple necks. Dislike just about everything else changed on the new ones. The new colors are lame, satin top coats on trans colors are horrid, the trans coloring used now pales in comparison to the original dye finishes, satin hardware became passe back in the early 90s, the quilt tops are of lower grades. Except for the baked woods, sadly disappointed with the newer ones. Pass.

Comment

+1. There are some nice tops on the new PC1s but they're the minority for sure.

I'm amazed they used such a weak top on the neck-thru though, given the price of those.
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Yeah, it's really sad... what they could have done vs what they did. Those all looked really bland and nothing really to distinguish them as anything special. I like what they did with the splatter and the cobalt, but these are just boring.

I like that brown burst string through... some artist got before these came out. That one was pretty special.

There was a seafoam or robin's egg 7 string that they did as well I think. That was awesome too.
              Last edited by xenophobe; 07-12-2018, 12:20 AM.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I agree... the top is weak.

If it looked like this one, I'd consider it.

-Rick

Comment

I actually think the quilt figuring on the neck-through is quite good. It's just not finished well (like most new ones), and is photo'd very poorly, too.

If the price were much more reasonable, I'd scoop it up and send it out for a refin with a high-quality dye job like the originals. Some kind of burst - chlorine, solar, purple daze - would be cool.

Comment

I seem to recall there was some sort of regulatory reason behind why they couldn’t do the tops the way they used to. Heard it on here, was prob a decade ago. Maybe more.

Comment

There was a BS excuse used by some guitar manufacturers about environmental regulations. But the reality was that many manufacturers used that as an excuse to “decontent” by using cheaper methods that they thought were “good enough”, and increase their per-guitar profit margins in the process.

But others continue to use the higher-quality dyes (PRS, Suhr, Anderson, etc) on their high line instruments, and just pass on the cost to consumers.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                        There was a BS excuse used by some guitar manufacturers about environmental regulations. But the reality was that many manufacturers used that as an excuse to “decontent” by using cheaper methods that they thought were “good enough”, and increase their per-guitar profit margins in the process.

But others continue to use the higher-quality dyes (PRS, Suhr, Anderson, etc) on their high line instruments, and just pass on the cost to consumers.
                        Even Kiesel still does high quality dyes, and they're in CA, so there really isn't a good excuse.
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                        X