Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identifying 1983 Jackson Neck Through V

Hey there folks.

I have what I believe to be a 1983 Jackson neck through Rounded V that I can't seem to find any info on. I was thinking about selling it, but wanted to get as much info as I could before I did. From what I've been able to find on the good ol' interwebs.... supposedly theres a log of some kind on these early ones, but I can't seem to find anything helpful.

This one is number 30 (J0030), and it's a pretty cool piece. Obviously I need to clean it and set it up.... its been sitting around for a bit (feel free to rake me over the coals on that one...). I'm more of a Jazzmaster kinda guy..... This thing is gorgeous though - flame maple top, maple neck through, mahogany wings, Duncan pickup, one volume knob. I called 'Jackson' which is now FMIC, and the guy didn't have any info to give, and told me this place was a great spot to get some help. Can you guys give me some info on this thing, or tell me where I can track down a log?

Here are some pics:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/597020...57670760890488

Thanks in advance for any help! I really appreciate it!

That's a custom shop Jackson made in San Dimas in late 1983...one of the very first Jackson CS guitars. Awesome axe!!

https://www.jacksonguitars.com/support/neck-thru
    Last edited by synapsistheory; 07-03-2018, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Wow. That's awesome - log dates it to 12th December 1983, sold to 'Joe Floyd'. Very cool indeed!!

How long have you had it, and do you know if it's all original?
      Last edited by neilli; 07-03-2018, 10:39 AM.
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thanks for the info! I haven't had it for very long. Thought I could get used to the way a V sits, but no.... That's pretty cool - Joe Floyd had good taste! How did you find that record? Is that something I would be able to find? In my searching I wasn't able to find anything! It looks like it's all original to me. The solder hasn't been messed with or anything, and nothing looks like it's been changed.

Comment

Judging by the Kahler nut and back routing, it appears the Floyd may not be original to the axe. Possible VT originally?

Very cool guitar, though. Nice piece of early Jackson history, and round horn Vs are pretty rare.

Comment

Nice. Here's the log info. Doesn't mention anything about trem.

J0001-36.jpg
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Cool guitar.

Joe Floyd was a professional artist:
              https://www.discogs.com/artist/486262-Joe-Floyd
              https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrior_(band)

Comment

Hey thanks you guys for all of the help! This has been great! Believe it or not, I found Mr. Floyd's email address and sent him an email, hoping he could give me more details (if in fact it was the same Joe Floyd.). So I'll keep you guys posted. Feel free to update with more info if you stumble over anything else.

Again - I really appreciate all of the input you guys have given me. What a great resource this is!

Comment

Originally posted by briocheindeed View Post
                  Hey thanks you guys for all of the help! This has been great! Believe it or not, I found Mr. Floyd's email address and sent him an email, hoping he could give me more details (if in fact it was the same Joe Floyd.). So I'll keep you guys posted. Feel free to update with more info if you stumble over anything else.

Again - I really appreciate all of the input you guys have given me. What a great resource this is!
                  Would be surprised if the guy I linked is not the guy, according to Wikipedia he has been with Warrior since their first album in 1984. Warrior is a metal band which was the market Jackson was going after and Joe was on the LA scene in December 1983 which is exactly when the guitar was delivered. He would have been in a position to be one of the guys who would be aware of the buzz about a new upstart guitar company called “Jackson”
                  Last edited by CaptNasty; 07-03-2018, 06:42 PM.

Comment

So Brioche - who did you get it from and where was it?

Comment

Ha! Well - it's fairly unexciting, really. I was at a store talking to a lady that works there. She showed me this guitar - they couldn't figure out what it was, said 'it didn't have a serial number'. I thought the thing was damnnnnnn cool so I bought it - I saw the serial number casually at the store, but didn't really think much of it at the time. Knew it had to be older because of the Floyd. Tried to play it.... V's aren't really my thing, I just can't get comfortable with 'em.... Looks cool, so damn cool, but I just feel better with those 'regular' bodies, and I can't play well enough to warrant a guitar like this. Really just idiot happenstance that this thing fell in my lap. So now my secret is out!

Comment

hit me up bro....I had neilli message ya...anytime

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                          Judging by the Kahler nut and back routing, it appears the Floyd may not be original to the axe. Possible VT originally?

Very cool guitar, though. Nice piece of early Jackson history, and round horn Vs are pretty rare.
                          The row of screw holes between the trem posts point that way.
                          Gorgeous guitar, deserves to have all that routing tidied and finished properly!

Comment

Badass! Yeah looks like a Kahler to Floyd conversion. I'd have to get that trem route cleaned up, it's a bit sketchy.

Comment

Working...
                            X