X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legit??

Hi guys
    I've this ad here not too far from me.

RR24 rear routed with EMGs, hum/single configuration, 1 volume, 1 toggle switch, battery cavity in the back.
    Yellow bevels, gold hardware, reverse sharkfins.

I don't remember this in production.
    Could it be a CS piece?? Shouldn't it have the custom shop logo on the headstock in this case??

Not all will have Custom Shop logo on the headstock; some people just don't want it.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Maybe a limited run.

Comment

The first thing to find out is the serial number - if it starts RR (or more recently a 'J' followed by 4 digits) then it's a custom order of some type. The logo looks older than the rest of the guitar, so it's not impossible it's one of the imports with a relogo'd headstock and added singlecoil.

Oh, and no, plenty of CS guitars don't have the 'Custom Shop' logo on the headstock.
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Looks like Japanese limited run RR24 with mods and fake Made in USA logo.

Comment

Similar to this custom select limited run. But some of the specs are wrong.

https://axepalace.com/jackson-cs-rr2...ow-bevels.html

Comment

At first, I had thought to a fake too.
              I didn’t write to the owner (I’m not really interested in buying, I just posted the thread to have your opinions).
              In addition to the serial, it would be interesting to know if it has the case and the documentation. In the ad (few lines) they’re not mentioned.

Yes, the model reminded me to the japanese RR24, but I think that installing an original Floyd, golden machine headstock, two EMGs, routing the top to install a single and the toggle switch, and doing a refin of the top and the headstock to me seems a too long and expensive works even just to sell it off as a CS fake….unless you are a good luthier with plenty of free time anyway…and good luthiers usually don’t have too much free time.

To be honest, by looking it only from that photos I'm pretty confused.
              Last edited by Luca1973; 03-03-2018, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kisonen View Post
                Looks like Japanese limited run RR24 with mods and fake Made in USA logo.
                I think so too. Example of a stock one: https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/15...they-called-it!

Comment

maybe it's just my eyes, but those inlays don't look like MOP to me, and I doubt they'd put the toilet seat inlays on a USA or Custom shop. could just be the photo quality
                  In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Yeah, mod'd RR24. That fake MIUSA logo is terribly done.

I wonder if they tampered with the serial on the fret board, too?
                    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

seems very close to the one alexi laiho used before joining esp.
                      dont know if he had some usa's, pretty sure it didn't had the single neck pickup.
                      3 way toggle and "made in U.S.A." added plus pickup ring switched to gold to make it "custom"
                      Last edited by Gigi; 03-05-2018, 01:33 PM.

Comment

All of the dimensions look "off" to me......most notably the body looks small compared to the rest of the guitar...........maybe Im just trippin'

Comment

Working...
                        X