Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror top

I'm thinking of ordering one.

It looks cool, but are there any downsides? I'm leaning more towards non-cracked than cracked.

Thanks!

Non cracked will show finger prints and such more so than cracked. LOL.

Comment

They're not taking MB orders at the moment, and I really doubt you'd squeeze that in under custom select.

Also, i've heard that cracked can end up getting uneven as time goes by - never had one though, so that's just hearsay.
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
        Also, i've heard that cracked can end up getting uneven as time goes by - never had one though, so that's just hearsay.
        That's why it should be covered with blood drip.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Aren’t they clearcoated? I’ve never owned one, but thought I heard many were cleared over?

Comment

I believe so, but I'd heard the sections of mirror could 'settle'. Like I said though, could just be hearsay..
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Ah, that makes sense.

Comment

Thanks, guys. I have plenty of the standard stuff (graphics, solids, trans) and wanted to get the creative juices flowing. Maybe diamond plate as an alternative. I suppose either would add weight and probably increase the brightness, which aren't necessarily bad things.

Comment

I used to have a crackedmirror Mustaine V. The mirror is made of plastic glass + aluminium foil. You can see wood from broken foil. I think they used real mirror later on. As for the sound, at least the one i owned has lots of sustain.

Comment

Does it add significant weight to the guitar? Its basically a mirror glued on top, right?

Comment

Working...
                    X