NGD: Jackson Custom Shop Kelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Jackson Custom Shop Kelly

Reposting for those of you on the JCF who don't do the Facebook thing. (I can understand, try to keep a relatively low personal profile there, myself.)

NGD: Jackson Custom Shop Kelly This one arrived a couple of days ago, and I’m digging it a lot already.

- Mahogany Body & Neck
    - 1/8th Flamed Maple Top
    - Flat-Top with Body Binding
    - Bahama Blue Burst Finish (sent a pic to match)
    - Ebony Fretboard
    - Abalone Reverse Sharkfin Inlays
    - Abalone Logo
    - Abalone Side Dots
    - 24 Jumbo Frets
    - Speed Neck Profile
    - 2 Hums - Dimarzio Super 3 & Air Norton
    - Black PUs with Chrome Bezels
    - Original Floyd, Non-Recessed
    - Gotoh Tuners
    - Chrome Hardware
    - Volume-3W-Tone

Big thanks to Jay and Matt at Matts Music Center! Those guys are always the best. And big thanks to Kurt and everyone at the Jackson custom shop for building a great guitar!

You’re my boy, blue!

Sweet, congrats!

Comment

I can’t find anything I’d disagree with in that spec. I would have had a think on the abalone but I bet I would have gone for it, and seeing it now would have been glad.

Lovely job.

Comment

Very very beautiful, congrats

What's the "speed neck"??
        Thinner than the standard USA KE2??

Comment

Cool guitar!

Comment

Jerk... I keep telling myself I'm not going to spend my tax refund on a new kelly or warrior custom shop. Now, I just don't know... You have caused me great distress

Seriously that is an amazingly hot guitar you got there, between this and the one I saw in the pix of Jeff Loomis... I think I might be ordering a new fiddle soon.
            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Wow! Congrats! I recently saw one that has similar specs except oiled maple neck and reverse headstock and maybe alder body It's for sale locally in Finland. Really cool score!

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                I would have had a think on the abalone but I bet I would have gone for it, and seeing it now would have been glad.
                Funny, I actually did wrestle with that spec before ordering. When I finally realized that I wanted to have abalone inlays on this one bad enough, then I basically decided to change other specs on the guitar to better match that. And, yes, I'm glad I did.

Originally posted by Luca1973 View Post
                What's the "speed neck"?? Thinner than the standard USA KE2??
                Same as a standard KE2. Thinner / flatter than a Soloist. Starts round in the lower frets, then gradually gets flatter as you move up towards the higher frets.

And tax returns are made for guitar orders. LOL

Comment

Was just checking this out on FB. Love it, Pat!

Did you spec out the strap pin location being higher up on the body or is that something they've been doing for awhile now?
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Must be standard now, I didn't spec that. Actually, since you asked, I went back to look at my other two Kellys and they're both the same.

Comment

Interesting. I haven't owned a Kelly since the early to mid 2000s, but always remembered them being centered in the neck blank.
                      You're giving me GAS for a Kelly again.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

NICE!!! I am all PRS these days, and that Kelly has a "metal" PRS-vibe to me. Dig every thing about it. Congrats and enjoy!
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Thats a nice looking guitar. Congrats!

Comment

That's quite a beauty! Love the inlays. Great score!

Comment

Incredible guitar!!! I always thought that the flat top meant a flat bottom, I see it has bevels just like the regular Kelly body.

Comment

Working...
                              X