No announcement yet.

Searching for info on a vintage Jackson-Guldan parlor guitar made in Columbus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for info on a vintage Jackson-Guldan parlor guitar made in Columbus

I just picked this one up and it's in good shape overall. It has Kluson Deluxe tuners and the serial number is 28006, as listed in the picture.

Any information you could share about year it was made or approximate worth would be greatly appreciated. Copy and paste to see the link if needed.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10214751397319430&set=a.19404767524 95.2114756.1259702961&type=3&theater

-DbK
    Last edited by DbKSeattle; 12-04-2017, 05:41 PM.

..hmmm, can we get a picture of the control cavity?
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

That's an interesting piece! However, I highly doubt anyone here would know anything about Jackson-Guldan Inc. from Columbus, Ohio, since our knowledge on this forum centers around a Californian company named Jackson that primarily makes electric guitars that lean towards the rock and metal genres.

Comment

I love it! I’d get it refinished: Cock Dragon.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
          ..hmmm, can we get a picture of the control cavity?
          Now that's funny!
          METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Needs some Krylon and spikes like Newc's "Halford Warrior", or some extra potentiometer holes like RacerX's "Shotgun Soloist".

Comment

I prefer the Pointy headstocks on Jackson's myself.

I vote "ghost flame" refin.

Seriously, ping Dave Bush Guitar Works in Columbus, maybe he knows something about these things. I've never heard of them and the big acoustic shop in Columbus that likely would have known closed a few years ago...

Comment

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_Guldan_Co.

At http://www.guitarsite.com/database/M...ssages/3.shtml
                found the following:

I have been collecting western style acoustic guitars for over 44 years and am always delighted when I run across a Chris Adjusto. I'm ecstatic when I find a Child's 3/4 sized Chris Adjusto. I've found very few in the last twenty years since they have become a more popular item with Western Collectors.
                I create many Western Era displays for a wide variety clients and believe me when I tell you that the Chris Adjusto line seems to garner much of the attention by my clients.
                In particular are the Chris Adjusto Children's Guitars which were sold by The Cunningham Music Studios of Santa Monica, California. These are highly sought by Western and Oldtime Guitar Collectors because The Cunningham Music had a long list of celebrities who bought guitars for their children. I pay about $85 - $125 for a Chris Adjusto if it is in functioning condition, which is about market price for Western Collectors. If it has the scrolled embossed decal reading 'Cunningham Music Studios - Est 1939 Santa Monica, Calif' with the Cunningham Music Custom Diamond, then you have a real find here, and the Cunningham Music Chris Adjustos in good to better condition sell at around $180 - $250 if the Cunningham Music Studios decal is well centered and intact. I wish I had a dozen of them, I'm always disappointed when I find one that was from Cunningham Studios and someone had scratched off the Cunningham decal. If anyone out there finds a Chris Adjusto, feel free to email me. I will pay the going rate for a Chris Adjusto with the Cunningham Music Studios Decal intact. We hope to here from any Western and Oldtime Folk Guitar people. My brother and I enjoy hearing from those who are keeping the spirit of the Old West alive.
                Last edited by CaptNasty; 12-06-2017, 04:02 PM.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rstnOz1EmQ
                  >^v^<

Comment

Working...
                  X