Need help finding switch tip for my SL-2H Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help finding switch tip for my SL-2H Soloist

I somehow managed to lose the switch tip for my Soloist. Can anyone help me source a replacement? I've attached a photo of what it looked like, it was chrome/metal. I've also included a pic of the actual guitar.

I believe this guitar is about 13 years old, but I am not sure? The serial number is U14642 is there a way to decode it?

Very cool soloist! Based on my log, your guitar has a production date around Sept/Oct. 2004.

One of our forum members, Budman (aka Dave), makes great replacement parts for Jacksons, Charvels and other guitars. His site is Frets on the Net. Check it out. He's a great guy and should be able to help you out.

http://www.fretsonthenet.com/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
      Very cool soloist! Based on my log, your guitar has a production date around Sept/Oct. 2004.

One of our forum members, Budman (aka Dave), makes great replacement parts for Jacksons, Charvels and other guitars. His site is Frets on the Net. Check it out. He's a great guy and should be able to help you out.

http://www.fretsonthenet.com/index.htm
      Hey thanks for the compliment, the info and the link!

I just emailed Budman at his site and told him that you referred me, I hope he can get me a suitable tip. I want to keep this guitar as correct as possible.

Comment

fretsonthenet didn't have any chrome ones in stock. Does anybody know if the threads on the switch are standard or metric?

Comment

I'd expect most to be standard since the Switchcraft toggles are USA made to my knowledge, but my 2008 USA had metric threads.
          When I replaced my switch the old tip wouldn't work, but the tip I got from FOTN was standard and worked fine.

My original switch looked different than the standard version...do you have a pic of the switch?
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
          X