JCF Special Edition King V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCF Special Edition King V

Walked into Replay Guitars in Tampa, Fl today. Was immediately drawn to the display case with a Red King V they had just gotten in. Lo and behold it was one of the JCF Special Edition King Vs, # 8 of 28 with a production date of 08/2004. It has the CoA, letter from JCF and all the other paperwork that was issued with the guitar. Actually got to hold and play it. It is an absolutely beautiful guitar.

Never thought of getting a King V, have always been into Soloists and Dinkys. Now I am GASing hard. The guitar has been a closet queen and is in immaculate condition. What is a fair $$ for this guitar?

Double Rhoads, it's actually a bit larger than a KV. As for the price, I dunno... fair $2500-$3500? Even if I really wanted one, I'd have a hard time paying $3k for one.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Most were/are owned by collectors. They were just over 2K new, and that was almost 15 years ago. Slated for release in 2003, there were delays and back logging so it wasn't until mid to late 2004 until we got them. I would say 3K is not going to be unreasonable. If it's less than that and you like it, I'd say you have a winner.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Jesus 15 years...I can recall posts like it was yesterday ffs.
        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Does it have the special case too?

Comment

That is badass. Those are cool axes. I never see any nice USA Jacksons for sale around here.

Comment

Snap it up - that's a Double Rhoads. Holy grail guitar for me

Edit: Just looked at it on their website - ouch! Mint, but $5500 is a lot of $$
              Last edited by AIC70; 11-03-2017, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                Does it have the special case too?
                Did not see the case. He had it displayed under glass and let me handle it (have known the owner for over 30 years). If it came with a special case, I think it would include it. He said it has everything the guitar originally came with.

Comment

Originally posted by AIC70 View Post
                  Snap it up - that's a Double Rhoads. Holy grail guitar for me

Edit: Just looked at it on their website - ouch! Mint, but $5500 is a lot of $$
                  He would move on the price he told me. Not sure how much. The guitar is on consignment from a collector who lives in the area so it is really driven by what the owner is willing to do.

They have a number of guitars from the same owner. This collector has a lot of NAMM show guitars from what I have been told. The guy gives them to replay to sell, but I think he is not really motivated to sell. The Roswell V they have at Replay is owned by the same guy (Not currently listed, they still have it but people were coming in just to play it after seeing it online). They have several NAMM show Charvels there too.

When I was in looking at the Double Rhoads, the owner showed me a bass they brought in. David Ellefson (Megadeath) had just done a clinic at Replay and liked a couple of basses they had. He traded in his Jackson Custom Artist Endorsement Bass (the one he is holding in the pic on his Wikipedia page). I got to check that out too. Was in a blue SKB case with David’s name formed in the case and also embroidered inside of the case.
                  Last edited by CaptNasty; 11-04-2017, 09:10 AM.

Comment

That must be Shawn getting rid of stuff.

Comment

Working...
                    X