Value of 80s Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of 80s Jackson?

What do you think is a fair price for this guitar? It's for sale for USD 1000:

-Dinky/soloist/strat-body (not sure between the differences)
    -Bolt-on
    -One humbucker
    -Original Floyd Rose
    -Ebony fingerboard with dot inlays
    -Pointy headstock
    -Made in USA
    -Serial # dates it around 1988

Is the $ 1000 a fair price?

OFR and a Floyd nut? Yeah, $1k in excellent condition would be fair I think. You could probably try to ask $800 or $900.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I wouldn't complain about paying $1000 for an '88 Strat, Dinky or Soloist if it's in very good condition.

Must be a Dinky or Strat 'cause a Soloist is neck thru body.
      A Dinky is smaller than a Strat.

I'd recommend posting a pic or a link.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I know I look for 1 Hum Soloists. I wish yours was. Sounds nice.

Comment

Here in Canada a USA Jackson for $1500 in any condition is rare. The MIJs in mint condition like pile o skulls or erie swirls are $500-$1000 depending on condition.

Comment

single hums are much harder to find, so I think that's a GREAT price.

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe Collector View Post
              Here in Canada a USA Jackson for $1500 in any condition is rare. The MIJs in mint condition like pile o skulls or erie swirls are $500-$1000 depending on condition.
              Up until the last year prices on kijiji for USA's were in the $12-1600 very often.
              For reasons unknown they've gone bananas as of late.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I assume you are talking about this one? https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/15...San-Dimas-Cont

Comment

Working...
                X