Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What model is this Jackson guitar?

Hi,

two years ago while I was busking someone gave me this guitar. It's kind of a funny story, because I thought he was giving me an empty guitar case, but when he left I opened it and I found the guitar. He seemed to be in a hurry so we didn't get the chance to talk for more than a few minutes. And I always wondered about the model of the guitar. Does anybody know which model it is?

Thanks!

1991 fusion with jigsaw finish

Comment

Wouldn't a Fusion have the mini toggle switch in the middle? Also, it's got an Ibanez Lo-Pro trem.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The Fusions had a switch I use to own 2 USA Fusions. I can`t remember what the switch was for, maybe a pre-amp but they had them. That could be a custom Fusion or early Dinky?

Comment

They had that wah/mid-sweep circuit.

Comment

Wouldn't a Fusion have the mini toggle switch in the middle? Also, it's got an Ibanez Lo-Pro trem.
            Didn't Jackson have these too? It's just the takeuchi TRS101? Jackson JT580?

Comment

The Jackson would have had a Schaller/JT590 in that route. I only remember one Jackson using an actual Ibanez trem, and that was a custom 7-string.

Comment

whatever it is, that trem's not original. They weren't using the low-pro JT580 back then. It would have come with a JT590
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Measure the scale length if in doubt Fusion will have 24.75 inch scale. Maybe they just replaced the switch with a knob. And to me that looks like an edge lo-pro.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    They had that wah/mid-sweep circuit.
                    Ya, that was it!!

Comment

This is why I like strats. They never made them in the crappy 24.75 scale length. This Dinky/Fusion shit is a pig in a poke.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                        This is why I like strats. They never made them in the crappy 24.75 scale length. This Dinky/Fusion shit is a pig in a poke.
                        I've always liked all of my Fusions. But I rarely play them anymore. It's just too cramped above the 12th fret for my big hands
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Please educate me, "two years ago while I was busking someone", What is "Busking".

Comment

There probably should have been a couple of commas inserted.

"Two years ago, while I was busking, someone gave me this guitar."

Busking (street performance): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_performance

That's pretty awesome to be performing on the street and to be handed a free instrument. I mostly see buskers receiving small amounts of money, if anything. And the benefactor just ran off in a hurry after leaving the donation? Does that sound suspicious to anyone else?

Regardless... awesome guitar and a hell of a prize for busking.

Comment

Trying get away from them actually but it is hard. Fusions are great but seemingly not good long term?
                              I don't know, anyway still love mine either way, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X