Help identifying San Dimas Cont.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying San Dimas Cont.

Sorry for the continued post. The thread was old and all the photo links were broken. Found a little bit of new info on the guitar and just wanted to share.

Hi Everyone,
    Its been a while since my last post. I had some great help a while back from member of the forums with identifying a what looked to be an original Ontario era San Dimas but turned out that the body was from a model 2 Charvel. The neck is in fact an USA Jackson w/Floyd Rose nut and 90 degree goth tuners with Jackson logo, ODB, Ebony fret board jumbo frets. I believe the Floyd Rose trem and Neck plate to be original to the guitar the neck came from, and since the serial would put it at an early manufactured Ontario San Dimas "3565".
    Well I finally broke down and removed the neck to see what was written on but of the neck and look at the condition of it. Looks good!
    I only found what would be maybe the work order number "8752" and "OBD" (Oil finish, Black Logo, Decal?)
    Does the work order number help in providing any additional information on dating or identifying the guitars neck, was it a production, or custom model?

Origanal Guitar Description:
    * 22 fret Dot inlay
    * Ebony fretboard / Jumbo Frets
    * Oil Finish Neck
    * 90 degree tabs on tuners with Jackson logo
    * Floyd Rose Locking Nut Trem
    * Jackson USA logo Made in the USA
    * Serial # 3565
    * Work Order # 8752
    * Original Body = Unknown

2012 ESP M-1 NTB
    2008 Jackson COW Silverburst
    1988 Jackson mutt (Model 2 w/Jackson USA neck)
    1960 Les Paul Junior
    1992 Epiphone Les Paul Custom

Can't help you with the dating but just wanted to say it's a great looking guitar. Enjoy it!

Comment

Thanks buddy. Thinking about throwing the neck and trem on a Slime Green Charvel Pro Mod body.
      2012 ESP M-1 NTB
      2008 Jackson COW Silverburst
      1988 Jackson mutt (Model 2 w/Jackson USA neck)
      1960 Les Paul Junior
      1992 Epiphone Les Paul Custom

Comment

Originally posted by louie088 View Post
        Thanks buddy. Thinking about throwing the neck and trem on a Slime Green Charvel Pro Mod body.
        Cool idea. I'm good with that. Post some pics if you do it.

Comment

serial points to 1989 ontario california...only jackson branded bolt ons that came out of san dimas were 1001-1505 in 1986...jackson branded tuners say 86 or later but i'd imagine the neck plate and neck go together...my usa gc ltd edition is an 89 as well with a higher derial but i'm too lazy to pull the neck for the work order number lol...d.m.
          Last edited by diablomozart; 09-16-2017, 01:37 PM.
          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Nevermind, lol. learn to read before you bleed. lol

Comment

This guitar is totally badass. If Jackson made "Pro-Mods" like Charvel does, I can imagine this is what a "Jackson Pro-Mod" might look like. Simple straightforward retro-flavored design, but with "updated" features like the Duncan pickup and OFR bridge/locknut seen on your guitar.

Comment

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Jac...tric-Guitar.gc
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

So... louie088 no longer has this guitar, and it's now being sold by Guitar Center Used?

Comment

Seems an odd coincidence - 2 blue strats from that era with OFRs to show up at the same time?
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

No it's the same I called GC and got serial, they match. Just curious why he thinks it is a Model 2 body? I can't tell for pics. I actually tried to buy it but my CC company denied it thinking it was fraud, sent me a email asking if it was me making the purchase. Then I saw this thread and I am glad I didn't get it.

Comment

I received a private message from a zero-poster who claims to have owned the guitar previously. I won't divulge the purpose or the contents of his message (I respect his privacy) but he did confirm it's a Model 2 body. I'll leave it up to him if he decides to post here and share what he knows.

And to me it honestly looks like a Model 2 body. That color is a Model Series color, you can see the JT6 tremolo studs, identical pickup/control/trem layout as a Model 2, etc. Speculating here, but the neck pocket stamps probably have markings typical of a Model Series guitar. louie088 disassembled the neck from the body and looked at the neck heel stamps. I imagine he also looked at the body's neck pocket and probably didn't see anything (USA-related) that would make him want to pinpoint its American origin if any.
                        Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 09-30-2017, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X