NGD SL1 Ferrari Red CS soloist!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD SL1 Ferrari Red CS soloist!

I was gasing hard for a red Soloist and saw this CS guitar on Thomann website. This looked like my dream soloist down to specs and
    everything. Gas got the better of me and I ordered the guitar and now it's here!

It's a Custom Shop Select model. SL1 with reverse headstock and Ferrari Red finish!

And today morning the UPS delivered the guitar and luckily it's in one piece. And Damn. It's beautiful!
    The CS quality is just superb! Really flawless construction and workmanship! No flaw anywhere!

It sounds pretty familiar as the pickups are the same that I've had in my Kramer. Just add the snap and clarity of a ebony fretboard and the sustain of a neck through construction! Really balanced sound with great attack and clarity! Cuts through in the mix with no problems!

Pickups are Duncan JB and two Stk 1 stacked single coils! The neck is a little bit wider than I expected but nothing that I couldn't get used to. Really comfortable, fast playing neck. I think it's the classic wide and flat neck shape. Speedneck perhaps? Old school ivory binding is a nice touch!

Guitar simply sounds and plays insane good! Classic soloist and this is a keeper for sure!

Now for the pics! Since photobucket wants no free users and charges 399 for their services I cannot continue as their user since I think that's insane!
    So I can't get the pics to show directly here, but here's the link: https://goo.gl/photos/v95kPkJeR4md1HNG7

I couldn't be happier! Really killer guitar! Great pair for the 82 Charvel! This will be put on a good use since we have our debut album to record later this month!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Mossezhoffen; 08-14-2017, 03:53 PM.

Looks great! Congrats.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That is stunning! Congratulations.

I like the way Google Photos looks. Nice lightweight interface.

Comment

Grats!
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Wow that's a Stunner! love the reverse head on it.

Comment

Beautiful. Cool serial number, too.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thank you! Easy to remember.

Comment

Love that color! Congrats!

Comment

Great find! Beauty!

Comment

How long did it take to get? I ordered from Thomann and it has been held in the warehouse for over a week!
                    I provided my company tax ID last week and it's still sitting there. WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Catharpin View Post
                      How long did it take to get? I ordered from Thomann and it has been held in the warehouse for over a week!
                      I provided my company tax ID last week and it's still sitting there. WTF!
                      I ordered the guitar on Saturday. Paid with bank transfer so they got the payment on Tuesday and in the evening
                      the guitar was on it's way. Got it Friday morning.

Comment

I live in Finland so the shipping usually takes the 6-8 days, but this was still pretty fast!

Comment

I got some pics up here so no need to click some random links! Enjoy!

20170805_152931 by Niko Raty, on Flickr

20170805_152448 by Niko Raty, on Flickr

20170805_152323 by Niko Raty, on Flickr

20170805_152436 by Niko Raty, on Flickr

20170805_152337 by Niko Raty, on Flickr

20170804_142923 by Niko Raty, on Flickr

20170804_132755 by Niko Raty, on Flickr

20170804_132834 by Niko Raty, on Flickr

20170804_132948 by Niko Raty, on Flickr

20170804_133037 by Niko Raty, on Flickr

20170804_132735 by Niko Raty, on Flickr

Comment

That's so nice! The reverse headstock really tops it off perfectly.

Comment

I like the new pics better since they're more 'red'.
                              The first pics were quite orange, though orange is a sweet colour, too.
                              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
                              X