No announcement yet.

NGD: Shannon Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My model 6 is the essentially the same guitar. Most certainly meant to be played! Mine is still in limbo, but I will finish it someday. Black with gold hardware Im thinking. Most soloists from then are poplar, which I'm sure that is. Poplar is NOT a bad thing, mine sounds killer and it's a model 6! Can't go wrong with those guitars. Absolute work horse!!

Comment

Never mind lol. Hope your playing it!

Comment

A follow-up. The 1998 Jackson catalog, PDF page 4/15 (https://assets.contentful.com/4jcppg...98-catalog.pdf), lists the specifications:

Body: Poplar
        Neck: Maple / neck through body
        Fingerboard: Bound Ebony / Pearl Sharkfin
        Scale: 25.5in. / 24 Fret
        Bridge: Original Floyd Rose
        Neck pickup: Duncan SSL5V
        Middle pickup: Duncan SLL5V
        Bridge pickup: Duncan Pearly Gates
        Finishes: Black, Slime Green, (Blue Ghost Flames optional)
        Addendum: We know the list of finishes is not complete, as two additional rare finishes are known, white and a rumored sherbet orange.

The accompanying description:

For 1998 we are also offering a limited number of the early 80's version of this Jackson classic, via the Shannon Soloist. Mike Shannon has been with Jackson since the beginning and build the early guitars that are now widely sought by collectors. These will be hand built by Mike, individually numbered, and will have the same specs as the early models, i.e. non-recessed tremolo, bound fret ends, and 4 degree neck angle.
        Addendum: Too bad the "individually numbered" didn't make it to the final guitars. It would have looked nice to see the numbers written by Mike on the back of the headstock next to his signature. It's nice that the description claims that these guitars "will be hand built by Mike", which answers a question someone asked me if I knew Mike actually built these himself (but I can't find the original question nor can I remember who asked me).

Also interesting is the Blue Ghost Flames Shannon in the upper right corner of the catalog page is missing a tone knob and 5-way blade switch. How are you supposed to switch between the three pickups? Methinks it's just a Photoshop error.
        Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 11-22-2017, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Never noticed that on the catalogue before LOL Could be it's my guitar with the singles edited in..
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
          X