custom shop wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom shop wait

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask, what the longest was, you ever waited for your custom shop guitars to be built, as I ordered a Jackson Rhoads in September 2016 and they told me today that it would arrive mid. November 2017. I think more than one year is quite a bit long to wait for your guitar, but well....

sounds about right, i was looking into getting a custom shop guitar but i was told up to 2 year wait!!!so instead i got a limited run custom shop guitar.

Comment

I waited a bit over 2 years. That used to be commonplace for actual custom shop orders..
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Jackson has always been overly optimistic with their build time estimates. More often taking longer than originally estimated, although sometimes folks will get a pleasant early surprise.

Custom Select orders are about a year, typically less. As little as six months / as much as fifteen or so, depending on the specs. (ex. Sparkle and graphic finishes take longer.) I suspect most orders are getting done in eight or nine months, or so. That's what my recent ones have done. CS orders are typically more close to their time estimates.

Masterbuilt orders are typically eighteen months to two-plus years, depending on specs. The longest I ever waited was over two and a half years.

Comment

My two custom selects took around 7-8 months. For my masterbuilt King V, I think I have the record time for completion. It took right at 8 months to build my King V with a five piece mahogany/maple neck and schaller hannes bridge. The only reason my dealer and I can think of why it was completed so fast was someone in the shop was interested in building it. I was told it was the first King V with Hannes bridge.

Comment

They're currently not accepting Masterbuilt Custom orders at the moment. I waited a little under 3 1/2 years, but it had to go back and I got it back a few days shy of 4 years. Custom Select orders seem to be shipping at under 1 year.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Not accepting MB orders eh? Because of a backlog or something else?

Comment

Allright, thank you very much, I really didn't expect it to need this long, but well

Comment

My custom select order shipped in 12 months.

Comment

Stupid question about this process(I have only bought straight from the guitar shop for any USA/ custom shop) as I have never had to wait..are you dropping 3-4 grand on this thing up front and waiting until you get the guitar for another 2 years?

I realize I am being extremely with the numbers but I am curious how it works. With a couple hundred orders in the back burner and money in hand that becomes quite the deal for Fender Music Corp.

Comment

Originally posted by Alissarr View Post
                      Stupid question about this process(I have only bought straight from the guitar shop for any USA/ custom shop) as I have never had to wait..are you dropping 3-4 grand on this thing up front and waiting until you get the guitar for another 2 years?

I realize I am being extremely with the numbers but I am curious how it works. With a couple hundred orders in the back burner and money in hand that becomes quite the deal for Fender Music Corp.
                      I think most places are like how my dealer does it. They take a deposit (1k or more) to place the order then you can make payments on account until it shows up or just put down the deposit and pay the balance once the guitar arrives.

Comment

Almost 3 years...

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                          Not accepting MB orders eh? Because of a backlog or something else?
                          Yep, something like that. They're not accepting any true custom shop orders at the moment. I'm sure Kurt or TMZ Tim could probably fill you in on more detail.
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Alissarr View Post
                            No, normally the dealer will take a deposit (10%, 25% or whatever unless it suits the customer to pay in full up front) with the balance on delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                              Yep, something like that. They're not accepting any true custom shop orders at the moment. I'm sure Kurt or TMZ Tim could probably fill you in on more detail.
                              I get confused to be honest, because I tend to go 'outside the box' somewhat so I have no idea whether mine are classed as custom orders or JCS 'plus'

Comment

Working...
                              X