Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beautiful snow white kelly white w/black pinstripes need info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful snow white kelly white w/black pinstripes need info.

Hello! I have a neck-thru Snow white with black pinstripes Kelly that I am trying to track down the origins of. I would just like to know if it's a KE2 or what.

The serial number is J0515 stamped behind the last fret of the board.

here is a picture. I can take more if requested/provide more info if needed.

http://i.imgur.com/TIWKkBK.png

That's actually not a production model. It's a custom Kelly, not a KE2. From the serial # chart on the Jackson site, it's a 1985 from San Dimas.

Comment

Wow! I can't believe I missed that on the jackson serial page. So this must be a pretty rare little piece then eh?

Comment

It's a great find. I don't know if 'rare' would be the word, but on the other hand, that wouldn't be an unreasonable statement.

The San Dimas era models are probably the most coveted since that's where they began in '82 with Randy's first Jackson. Before the end of '86 they moved to Ontario California.

Another thing to add to the appeal is Kellys came in 3 sizes. The first was a King Kelly, second came a medium size, then they were finally downsized to the current size around 25+ years ago.

I may be corrected, but I'd say this the medium size. The Kings and mediums are by no means common to see.

All 80's Jacksons were essentially Customs. Production models didn't begin until 1990.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Color is Ivory. Built 3/12/85

Comment

Originally posted by Catharpin View Post
            Color is Ivory. Built 3/12/85

Just curious how you found this info out?

Comment

The logs for J0001 - J1002 were available online for a while, and they give the model, the build date, colour etc.
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Very cool.

Comment

Working...
                X