Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I changed the Sustainer batteries on my PC-1 Shred today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I changed the Sustainer batteries on my PC-1 Shred today....

Seriously Jackson Custom Shop? These are the best two batteries you can put in a brand new instrument?

What is that second battery anyway??

Thank goodness it's a tremendous guitar...

Probably just your basic generic 9V battery. Did you expect them to splurge and put something more costly in there?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

A Duracell is a $25 up charge on the spec sheet
      Jackson KV2
      Jackson KE1T
      Jackson KE1F
      Jackson SL1

Comment

Hahahaha!!!

Yeah, you're right. I did probably expect too much from a $3,000 guitar......

Comment

I can't see a Fender branded battery running cheaper than a Duracell. Lol
          I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Someone like Earthquaker Devices or Red Witch should make a "boutique" 9V battery for $20 each. Imagine the toans you would get!!
            '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
            '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
            '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
            '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
            '90 Charvel 475 XL
            '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
            Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
            Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
            Marshall JVM410H

Comment

I don't know how some boutique company hasn't made a battery yet. Shocking actually.....

Comment

Always thought my EMG equiped guitars sounded great when the battery started to get tired. Start selling 6-8.5 volts. That'll get the cork sniffers going.

Comment

"Cryogenically treated 9v battery - For keeping that ultimate '60's dying pedal tone last 3 minutes longer"
                  "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                    "Cryogenically treated 9v battery - For keeping that ultimate '60's dying pedal tone last 3 minutes longer"
                    Try our new Spirit Batteries:

"Guaranteed to have been cured inside your choice of either Abbey Road or Electric Ladyland studio for at least 24 hours to absorb the spirit of win in the air".
                    '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
                    '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
                    '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
                    '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
                    '90 Charvel 475 XL
                    '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
                    Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
                    Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
                    Marshall JVM410H

Comment

Battery branding is mostly pure gimmick. The difference between a generic and name brand doesn't justify the difference.

Search Candlepower Forums for battery reviews. The best batteries are usually the least expected and unless you have some super important high performance function for a battery, your best bet is to go to Fry's or Amazon and buy bulk.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                        Battery branding is mostly pure gimmick. The difference between a generic and name brand doesn't justify the difference.

Search Candlepower Forums for battery reviews. The best batteries are usually the least expected and unless you have some super important high performance function for a battery, your best bet is to go to Fry's or Amazon and buy bulk.
                        Can't beat Amazon Basics for batteries. Dirt cheap and fine quality.

Comment

Try those Energizer lithium 9v batteries. Not cheap, like $14 for a two pack.
                          I've been running a set for the last 3 months and so far they're still strong as new.
                          I used to burn through a set of Duracell's every month.
                          -Rick

Comment

If you peel off the battery skin you sill be able to check the battery manufacturer inside. It might help you find out which brand they use.

Comment

Working...
                            X