Trying to date my Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to date my Soloist

Before anyone makes any "dating my guitar" jokes, I'm not trying to court my guitar, we just have casual sex.Okay, I have a post-Fender SL2H in trans black. I've decided to trade it off and I want to get a manufacture date on it just to have more complete information. So I emailed Jackson (Fender) with my serial number and they responded to tell me that my Trans Black Soloist was actually a Blue Ghost Flame King V. They said it was probably a clerical error, but does anyone here know how I could go about finding and actual manufacture date?

What is the serial #?

If you don't mind posting it, there are lots of guys on here that have pretty good lists of years and months that correspond to serial #s. If you don't want to post it fully, you could say something like U123xx instead of U12378. That would be enough that someone could probably get pretty close for you.

Comment

U18734

Comment

I got it in 07 so I know its at least that old.

Comment

I have U16092 that was built 10/14/05, so yours isn't much older than when you bought it.

There are a couple of guys on here who have pretty extensive lists that can nail it down by month, but looks like it's 06 or 07.

Comment

U18734 would be 2007. U185xx was Feb. '07 and U196xx is Sept. '07 according to my list.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
              U18734 would be 2007. U185xx was Feb. '07 and U196xx is Sept. '07 according to my list.
              Thanks a lot boss. That helps immensely.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                Yep, Mudlark is right in that ballpark. I have several on my list for U187XX that are March '07 or early April '07.

Comment

Mudlark knows his shit.

Comment

Have you tried serenading her?
                    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                    X