Need help Identifying Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help Identifying Guitar

Hi all...new to the Jackson forum. I am attempting to learn more about a Jackson USA guitar that I intend on buying. I have found images of a similar guitar online, but not the exact paintjob, and with no information whatsoever. This is what I have so far.

The guitar is a Jackson USA neck-through with a Floyd style trem marked "Made in Germany by Schaller". I was unable to locate the serial number. It is a flat top, not arched like some I've seen. Apparently someone changed the humbucker from a Jackson branded to an EMG. (Unless it came that way?)

I only snapped two quick pics, so if more are needed, I'll have to go back to the location.

I'd like to know several things:

What model is it?
    What year approximately was it made?
    Where in the Hell is the serial number?
    Any ideas on fair value?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
    RB

Welcome to the forum. That would be a Soloist with Saturn graphic. Serial number should be stamped into the board at the last fret.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Welcome to the forum. That would be a Soloist with Saturn graphic. Serial number should be stamped into the board at the last fret.
      Thanks so much! Hopefully the serial number will help me date it. Any idea on a fair value for it? I don't want to quote a price when I have no point of reference…

RB

Comment

Later '80s-early '90s era.
        With that headstock damage I'd go $7-900USD depending on the rest of the guitar's condition.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Barchetta View Post
          Floyd style trem marked "Made in Germany by Schaller".
          This is the Jackson JT590 tremolo made by Schaller, the same German company who makes the Original Floyd Rose tremolo for the Floyd Rose company. All evidence I've seen points to the same tremolo offered directly by Schaller: https://www.schaller-electronic.com/...molo-right.htm

Comment

Nice graphic, one of the better ones, not too many saturns out there. As far as I know anyway. You should be able get 800, or so, for it.

Comment

That's one of the better Saturn graphics to my eyes. I'm not sure if I've seen the UFO's before.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Looks like early an 90s production soloist.

Agreed, one of the cooler Saturn graphics I've seen.

Comment

Who didn't see this coming:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Jackson...MAAOSwhQhY4lHK

Comment

Originally posted by AAEA View Post
                    That's not even the same guitar! Different Saturn graphic, and it's a Fusion (instead of OP's Soloist).

Comment

Lol
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

the pics in this thread aren't of the guitar the guy is even talking about. nor do I believe a guy who asks a simple google question on the serial number. He was looking for a value of a similar guitar and then posted it on ebay. like all of them do. since jackson doesn't keep a value log on their website next to the serial number dates where do you think they turn to? I bet if you combed the users list on here and counted how many users with less than 10 posts there are you would have 100 to 1 versus active members.

Comment

I just put myself in others shoes and hope someone will help me out.
                          I can't see any problem with it, though I know some disagree.

Comment

The 80's! It burns!

Comment

Working...
                            X