Few Questions about Jackson Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Questions about Jackson Rhoads

Hello Guys! I hope you can help me out! I ordered A Jackson RR1T a few months ago, and I want to "customize" it a bit. I want to replace the Control plate, by one, with fewer poti- holes. in order to get one, I need measures of the holes, with wich the plate is screwed on, because I heard that the holes are drilled differently on 2016/17 RR1T models. Would anyone, who's got a RR1T take measures of just the Screw- holes so I can let this controls plate be made, even before I recieve my Guitar, and swap it out right when I get it?

and the second thing would be: I'm working on a Rhoads Project, where I want to convert my RR into an RRT. Now I wanted to ask if there's a difference, between A RRT with a normal nut, and a RR with a locking nut? What I mean is, because the Locking nut is obviously longer, is therefor the Neck/Headstock longer, or is it just the same but with a different nut? and could anyone tell me the measures of the normal nuts used on RR1Ts?

and last but not least, If I replace the Floyd rose with a string thru- tune o matic bridge (meaning I'd fill out the trem recess, and drill holes for the tune o matic), could anyone tell me any measures, so I can place the tune o matic bridge piece right, like on a RRT?

Would be super kind, if anyone could help!
    Last edited by Valentine; 03-30-2017, 01:14 PM.

Parts~ get a hold of dave, http://www.fretsonthenet.com/index.htm
    as far as RR1 / RR1T. My "T" is way different than the norm (huge neck) ='s mileage will vary
    good luck on your quest (s)
    >^v^<

Comment

Why not just simply block the Floyd and use it as a hard tail rather than butcher a guitar up....especially when you already have the same guitar with the desired configuration on its way to you.
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

On a 25.5 scale guitar such as the Rhoads the bridge saddles should be half of 25.5 measured from the 12th fret if I'm not mistaken.

I'm curious as to the different screw pattern on the newer Rhoads.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

First of all, thanks for your answers!
          Murkat: I got a hold of FOTN and he told me he needs measures, because the 2016/17 screw holes might be different

bombtek: because I hate to play on floyds, either blocked or normal, and this was a really cheap, broken guitar, I just bought, to customize, and build around a bit! The floyd recess is wrecked anyways

mudlark: thank you would've been obvious though �� Stupid question of me
          well, as I mentioned before, Dave from FOTN told me the measures of 2016/17 rhoads control plates might be different, and he only wants to make a produkt that fits on my rhoads

Comment

I only own TOM bridged guitars, but when I look at pics of locking nut Jackson headstocks they appear longer in the area of the nut to allow for the wider nut shelf.
            My standard nut shelf is naturally much narrower and the shorter headstock evidently is the reason.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
            X