Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Randy Rhoads Serial LTD 076, Can anybody tell anything about this guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With my luck, even if I knew someone who had one and offered it as collateral, I'd be broke as fuck

However, it does seem highly bizarre that someone would put up something they paid at least a couple of thousand for as collateral for such a small loan, and then disappear. I'm wondering if maybe he is having some sort of serious issue - like hospitalization, or even may be deceased, or maybe he's yet another victim of an old-fashioned drug habit. Not to be a prick, but is there any way he may have been in possession of stolen property? It happens. People we think we know, we find out sooner or later that we really don't.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      With my luck, even if I knew someone who had one and offered it as collateral, I'd be broke as fuck

However, it does seem highly bizarre that someone would put up something they paid at least a couple of thousand for as collateral for such a small loan, and then disappear. I'm wondering if maybe he is having some sort of serious issue - like hospitalization, or even may be deceased, or maybe he's yet another victim of an old-fashioned drug habit. Not to be a prick, but is there any way he may have been in possession of stolen property? It happens. People we think we know, we find out sooner or later that we really don't.
      I've known him to own this guitar for years. He has a drug problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ~K~ View Post
        I raised your post count, see if you can post pictures now
        Do you have to have a certain number of posts or be a member for a certain amount of time before you can post attachments?

Comment

Originally posted by GPS View Post
          I've known him to own this guitar for years.
          I've been in possession of a guitar for 20+ years. Notice how I did not say "own". It happens.
          Of course, I wouldn't sell it for peanuts.

Comment

Man, How do you dudes find these effing deals? You got lucky for sure. I have to say I have never seen a USA RR with a schaller floyd. Is it an Ontario build, or earlier? More pics would be cool too, if you can anyway. For that price he must have been hard up. Sad, but hey no one forces these choices on people. I don't get it.

Comment

I sold mine 2 years ago for $4500. You can get that amount if you hold out, there will be buyers. $650 was a snag for sure!
              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by ps43203 View Post
                Man, How do you dudes find these effing deals? You got lucky for sure. I have to say I have never seen a USA RR with a schaller floyd. Is it an Ontario build, or earlier?
                The LTD is from 1992.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'd say a Floyded LTD in minty condition is probably worth a solid $3k+ these days.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                  X