X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoughts on this.

Saw this craigs ad.
    https://boston.craigslist.org/sob/msg/6029026560.html
    Too bad they never made a neck through dinky or fusion.
    93 Rhodes EX Professional 931370
    95 JD-95 Dinky 951012

I don't think it's a 1989. 1989's have a very unique 1-year only trem route and the trem sits up higher. More likely a 1990-95. Other than that, very cool guitar.

Comment

theres 3 Stealths on GC today also.
      95 JD-95 Dinky 951012

Comment

A neck-through Dinky would just be a Soloist.

Comment

Just looks like a standard production fusion with the electronics switched out. They started making them in 90 and stopped in 92 or 93 I think. I had about 6 of them, all were 1990, 1991, or 1992.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
            A neck-through Dinky would just be a Soloist.
            Indeed. A 24.75 scale Soloist would be cool, though. Is there one?

Can't make the serial out, but it looks like a '90-1 serial...000xxx.
            Pretty standard looking production Fusion with some electronics mods.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
              Indeed. A 24.75 scale Soloist would be cool, though. Is there one?
              Customs and one-offs, more than likely. Production models, I'm thinking the Charvel 750XL (basically an Archtop Soloist).

Comment

Yeah, someone here ordered a custom shop Soloist like that - IIRC, black, short-scale, TOM, gold hardware.

Comment

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Jac...tric-Guitar.gc

stealth hx
                  95 JD-95 Dinky 951012

Comment

Kinda' figured the CS must have done some for customers. I can't think of any reason for a 24.75 scale being turned down.

I like the looser feel of the strings on my 24.75 Iceman. To have that feel on a Soloist would be amazing. I think I'd go with the Schaller Hannes bridge. My God, that would be the ultimate for me.
                    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

i been toying with the idea of dropping the 2k on a custom, i think you just desrcibed my ideal guitar. I love the dinky series, but really want the neck through as the love of my life.
                      95 JD-95 Dinky 951012

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                        Kinda' figured the CS must have done some for customers. I can't think of any reason for a 24.75 scale being turned down.

I like the looser feel of the strings on my 24.75 Iceman. To have that feel on a Soloist would be amazing. I think I'd go with the Schaller Hannes bridge. My God, that would be the ultimate for me.
                        Wouldn't a 24.75 scale push it into being a Masterbuilt?

I have a Schaller Hannes on my recently received MB King V and I love it. Supposedly it's the first Hannes bridge they have done on a King V.

Comment

Yes it would, and with the masterbuilt charge.

Comment

Yes, Masterbuilt. By CS I meant Custom Shop, not Custom Select.

I recently checked about having the Hannes put on my SL2HT, but it appears the saddle's top height is just short of what I need on account of my neck being tilted back to accommodate the TOM height.
                            Last edited by Mudlark; 03-07-2017, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Six digit serial starting with 000xxx makes it a 1990.
                              I can't make out the last three digits, but the 3 leading zeros are readable.
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X