Jackson Custom Strat 1988, need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Custom Strat 1988, need advice

Hello everyone! I'm a new member. My name is Luc and I am from France, Burgundy.

I would like to buy a Jackson Custom Strat 1988 (#6538 - Ontario). The seller is asking 750 USD : is it the worth price despite the dings and scratches, and is it a good guitar ? I never tried a Jackson Strat before. (The humbucker was changed for a Seymour Duncan Distortion).

Pictures here : https://img42.com/collection/avGjg

Thanks in advance for your advices !

I have a few of them and think they are awesome guitars. It looks to be all original except the pickup.
    That price while a little high for the market here seems reasonable given your location assuming the paint issues are cosmetic only.
    Neck pocket cracks are not uncommon but is this one cracked on both sides?

Comment

Thank you for your reply

The paint issues are just cosmetic.
      Indeed, the neck pocket is cracked on both sides : is that a serious problem ? What is the best price I can negotiate ? 600-650 ?

Thx

Comment

It is well worth the price and they are terrific guitars. It's a good price in the states nevermind Europe.

The neck pocket cracks are irrelevant. They harm nothing. They're in the finish only and many if not most bolt on guitars of all makes and models develop them eventually.

If you can get him down to $650-$600 go for it, but I think it'll be sold at $750 pretty fast so don't wait forever negotiating.

Comment

The price is fair....and yes Jackson Strats are great feeling and playing guitars. Does it come with a case? Original case? If yes that's a solid deal.
          "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

That's a fair price. That gash on the bottom is pretty nasty but these are great players.

Comment

That's a lot of guitar for $750.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

That era of Jackson bolt ons are by far the best they ever made.
                85 thru 88 are fantastic guitars
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Late 80's especially after the move to Ontario, the quality and playability is phenomenal.

Fair price. Nice guitar.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

That's a cool one. If you pass on it let me know I'll take that thing. I'll even fly to France to get it. Lol
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                    X