Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asking for your help to identify Custom Shop

Hey all,
    I bought this guitar many years ago. Can't remember when. Late 90's-early 2000? I contacted Fender who told me they do not have the records for guitars that go back this far. The serial number is stamped on the end of the Fretboard: JJ 00 84 W
    Now that I've started playing again, I'm really interested in finding out more.
    So it's a "junior'. I've really searched and cannot come up with info. Prototype?
    Any help is very much appreciated

Serial number makes it from 1994.
    The W on the end means it was a water damaged unit.
    And no... not a prototype or Custom Shop.
    That's a production guitar.
    Last edited by rjohnstone; 11-09-2016, 04:56 PM.
    -Rick

Comment

That looks to be a Scott Ian JJ model and serial numbers started with JJ if I remember correctly. It's missing the funky Jackson logo and dice inlays at the 12th fret so I don't really know what it is.

Comment

Yup, '94 JJ Custom with a water damaged stamp. As you're probably well aware by now, the 'water damage' was usually minimal at best. Often unnoticeable.
        Though, as mentioned, despite the name they were a production model. Scott Ian from Anthrax later had signature models with that shape...both import and USA versions.

Here's the '94 catalogue with the specs...
        ...of which I can't guarantee the accuracy since those catalogues are full of errors.

http://support.jacksonguitars.com/ca...95_catalog.pdf
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
        X