Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Strat Student Model 1986

Hello,
    I often used to visit this forum to seach infos on Jackson/Charvel guitars, which I adore.
    Now I registered in because I'm curious about my old Jackson Strat and would like to know if it was made in San Dimas or Ontario.
    I bought it in 1990 from the first owner in Trieste (Italy), I have also the original bill dated august 1987.
    The neck pocket cavity of the body shows it's been made august 7th 1986, so it's still a San Dimas or the body was from an old Charvel?
    The neck plate and the document have serial number 4181 San Dimas made, but I know it should be made in Ontario recycling old plates.
    The working order written on the warranty and under the Kahler is 8382, so maybe it indicates still made in San Dimas because new Ontario WOs went to zero.
    It has a Kahler and not the JT6, so it's a San Dimas?
    The Jackson logo has R and not TM, so it's not a transition period guitar.
    The black finish seems to be very thick, the guitar has few dents and scratches but I never saw the wood under.
    I tried many pickups, but in the end the original J50B and the two J100 suit me very well.
    I love the alnico magnet of the J50B.
    It's original except for the three little switches and the Kahler locking nut, I had to change them because they were really ruined.
    I guess the guitar should be made in San Dimas and then brought in Ontario and shipped from Ontario. Right?
    I resold several guitars, I'm never ever going to part from my old Jackson Student Model Strat that plays wonderfully!
    Pics:
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AveNs7SGAhP1gfJAGjzCYhVEu2AVVw
    Last edited by Maxxo; 11-05-2016, 03:57 AM.

Looks like it. All of the documentation matches.

Comment

Jackson R is only Ontario (and beyond).
      Jackson TM is 99% San Dimas, but also Ontario.

Someone can correct or expand upon this, but the TM from Ontario were started in San Dimas. Much like the serial plates, they were leftovers.

Comment

For all intents and purposes it's an Ontario as far as resale value goes. Cool guitar! There's no such thing as a "student model" strat though, it's just a strat.

Comment

Working...
        X