No announcement yet.

87 Jackson NAMM - deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting to see the JE1500 (the mid sweep wah type effect that they used on fusions) in there. Not a common feature.

I hope you like the JE1500 and those pickups. The covers do not come off of the J200s and they require the active circuit. So if you want to swap it out for a different pickup you will lose that part of the graphic. The J90 cover does come off, but not all pickups will fit in there. Something to keep in mind if you are thinking of grabbing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
      I recall that one popping up several years ago. It wasn't being described as a NAMM guitar at the time. It's safe to say it's a one-off.
      I missed out on it a few years back at Guitar Center (IIRC - Texas) for ~$600ish.... Someone got to me a couple hours prior...

Comment

looks really similar to how Dan Lawrence did the treasure map graphics. could it be one of his?

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/T~4AAO...vp/s-l1600.jpg
        Last edited by AAEA; 09-23-2016, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AAEA View Post
          looks really similar to how Dan Lawrence did the treasure map graphics. could it be one of his?

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/T~4AAO...vp/s-l1600.jpg
          I'm almost positive the OP guitar was done by Dan.

Comment

I'd do it! Even if it's not a NAMM guitar (which doesn't really matter to me), it's a cool, rare graphic. Plus SL1's are easy to come by should you later regret it.

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-Jackson...4AAOSwPCVX9-Kz

$3995 is a bit of a stretch IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rocks View Post
                More than a stretch, lunacy.

Comment

Originally posted by JTWUSMC View Post

It actually does have a hangtag still. No mention of NAMM, but does say wanted poster paint theme. Would that verify its a NAMM or would it be built by someone particular?
                  No mention of NAMM, but can they prove which gringo got nacho cheese on the hang tag?
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    No mention of NAMM, but can they prove which gringo got nacho cheese on the hang tag?
                    May have to do an IAFIS search.

Comment

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X