No announcement yet.

1997 Jackson Dk1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you guys tell I am a little giddy over this one, lol. Damn USA newbs, lol. I am a believer for sure.
    This guitar will be stuck to me for the rest of my days. \m/ \m/

Comment

Really nice man! Also, thanks for all your help with mine. The tips you show are helpful. Pretty sure that Dinky of mine has a shimmed nut.

Comment

Looks awesome! Glad you got it up and running to your satisfaction.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by 10kohm View Post
          Really nice man! Also, thanks for all your help with mine. The tips you show are helpful. Pretty sure that Dinky of mine has a shimmed nut.
          No problem, glad I could help. As far as the nut goes, if there are shims in there, try taking them out, just remember what went where, just in case you DO NEED them. Basically, if there is no open string buzz, with the shims out, you do NOT need them. It could be the difference between a stiff feeling guitar and a GREAT feeling guitar. Some people shim the nut for neck issues, or fret buzz, which is WRONG. As long as the strings do not buzzzz with no shims, they are not necessary. If you have fret buzz, that is different, could be wrong neck angle, or your frets need leveling/crowning. Only DO THIS IF Your comfortable and confident adjusting your guitar, if NOT take it to a tech. I cannot be responsible for any damage anyone does to their guitar.
          DISCLAIMER DONE, lol.

Comment

The Charvel Model 1 "reset" I mostly completed yesterday (http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/150...er-cheap-deal)) also had unnecessary shims at the nut and neck pocket. Removed them immediately and worked hard on battling various setup issues, coming out mostly victorious yesterday and the tuition was priceless. But it made me wonder why people are shimming all willy-nilly. We're doing a great service putting these guitars back to the way they were intended to be.

Comment

I sold that guitar less than two months ago to a guy on Reverb.

Glad to know you were able to unfuck it. It had the factory JB and a fresh setup from a well respected luthier in Atlanta before it left my hands.

Enjoy it, that was a sweet playing guitar for sure.

Comment

After it left DRM and before it arrived to ps43203, the owner from Reverb basically fucked around with a perfectly good guitar? What madness drives these people to butcher fine instruments?

Comment

Well, the plus side is that not only is it still in the JCF family, but it went to someone who loves it and brought it back to the level of playability it deserves.

I'm sure the interim owner had expectations for it that weren't met, but man...being able to pull a trem post out by hand? I'm lost on that one.

Comment

Screwed up the quote thing, lol.
                    Last edited by ps43203; 09-15-2016, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
                      Well, the plus side is that not only is it still in the JCF family, but it went to someone who loves it and brought it back to the level of playability it deserves.

I'm sure the interim owner had expectations for it that weren't met, but man...being able to pull a trem post out by hand? I'm lost on that one.
                      I believe it DRM, I'm sure it was fine and I cannot begin to tell you how it ended up, the way it was. The trem was way out of the cavity, which probably put too much force to the top of the hole, loosing it. I saw it immediately and told the guy and he said it never gave him problems. I just said it was fine and in the car she went, didn't care. I knew it would be fine as soon as I got a hold of it, lol. Nice kid, just no clue, he asked me today if the Marshall Sl-X I traded him, had a switch for the second channel, lol. No second channel, lol. He was cool though, nice guy. Did find it funny the high E came off in my hand when I first picked it up, lol. Did you give the nice TSA case DRM? That is a sweet case, Thanks. I agree, it is a shame to have so much unnecessary, "rigging", going on, to avoid more important and often easier attention. Maybe he dropped it and said, oops, sell time. Works for me, I am a happy camper.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
                        I sold that guitar less than two months ago to a guy on Reverb.

Glad to know you were able to unfuck it. It had the factory JB and a fresh setup from a well respected luthier in Atlanta before it left my hands.

Enjoy it, that was a sweet playing guitar for sure.
                        I wish it had the original JB too, I'll bet it is long gone. The new production JB's just aren't the same to me for some reason.

Comment

This was how it was sent to the new owner.

And the setup. E flat with 9-46 Slinky's...played like butter all across the neck.

Just wasn't the sound I wanted. Phenomenal guitar for playability, though. Really glad you're enjoying it, it does kick ass.

Comment

Thanks for the pics, the tone is really different too, so I could see what you mean. Doesn't sound like anything I have, that's for sure, and not in a bad way. For me it will work just fine. I still got the silica gel in there too, lol.

Comment

Ha!

Yeah, it came from Florida originally. The silica gel was key to its survival!

Comment

Let's see pics of when idiot Reverb seller listed the guitar! Wonder if those pics had all the problems and haphazard shims everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X