Pic of SL2HT Soloist neck angle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic of SL2HT Soloist neck angle?

If an SL2HT owner would be able to share a photo of their bridge and neck angle, similar to the one I've posted below for two different non-recessed Floyd heights, I would greatly appreciate it! Please and thank you in advance!

(I did a search on Google Image Search and JCF but found no side-facing shots like this.)

The neck angle and string height would be like the second pic, only with a tunamatic and string thru..
    Last edited by neilli; 08-29-2016, 02:11 PM.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

In that case, maybe I should be chasing SL2HTs and TOM guitars instead of those with high-perched non-recessed Floyds.

Comment

Hope it helps...If you need another angle or a diferent shot just ask...

Comment

Perfect, thank you! Nice and high like on a Les Paul. Looks like I'll keep my eyes open for some TOM-equipped Jacksons in the future!

Comment

RR1T has same neck angle

Comment

Interesting how they'll have two different construction methods, one for the RR1T/SL2HT where they angle the neck, and another for the RR1/SL2H where there is no neck angle.

I feel like they could crank out guitars faster if they unified the process... all guitars built with neck angles, equipped with a TOM or non-recessed Floyd only!

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                Interesting how they'll have two different construction methods, one for the RR1T/SL2HT where they angle the neck, and another for the RR1/SL2H where there is no neck angle.

I feel like they could crank out guitars faster if they unified the process... all guitars built with neck angles, equipped with a TOM or non-recessed Floyd only!
                I agree, but a lot of people prefer no neck angle and having the bridge closer to the body. And for Floyds, a lot of people also like to be able to pull back on the bar more.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I can pull up plenty on my Shannon (the black guitar in my OP) due to the bridge height, but can't pull up very far on either of my So-Cals (white guitar in my OP). From this, I've learned that if I ever request a custom, I need to be exact on the bridge height I want. I'd want it Shannon/TOM height, waaaaay up high with a neck angle to compensate.

Plenty of the other companies who came AFTER Jackson and imitated them are already doing recessed trems and neutral neck angles, thanks to Steve Vai and the Ibanez JEM (my slightly disgruntled thoughts on that matter are already expressed here: http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/148...-other-makers)). Jackson is an original and should have stuck to their roots, not kneeling to their imitators who recessed the trem. But I've made peace with the fact that I'm one of the few who actually finds a very high non-recessed Floyd to be more comfortable (for me) than when it's sunken so deeply into the body, so I realize Jackson isn't catering to the minority like me.

I actually bear no ill will against other companies. Jackson and Charvel just happen to be making close-to-ideal-guitars for me, and the great deals are plentiful in my area compared to Ibanez and ESP, so I buy J/C the most. Still plenty of things I would change if I were in charge.
                  Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 08-29-2016, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                    Perfect, thank you! Nice and high like on a Les Paul. Looks like I'll keep my eyes open for some TOM-equipped Jacksons in the future!
                    No prob...

The SL2HT is a great guitar, hope you find one.

I think I'll be searching for a floyed Soloist as my next purchase. I'm even wondering about the SL2 Pro model, I'm really curious about the speed neck profile on a Soloist body.

Comment

Working...
                    X