• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soloist USA neck joint types

When were these different neck joint types used on USA SL1 and SL2 models:

This seems to be the most bulky version:

This looks similar to japanese Professional Pro´s:

Is this the one used in new selects and JCS customs?

My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

The top is how the old ones were until 89ish. The scallop was done in the '90s, not sure how long they did that for. The bottom one is how the modern ones are done but they will still do the old larger heal if requested.

Comment

The old ones looks as if its a set neck thou....

Comment

I have an old Soloist Professional Pro and it has thinnest neck of all my Jacksons. Do all regular USA soloists (SL1 and SL2) have thicker necks than japanese Pro? I have also a RR1 (2008) and a RR Professional Pro, and RR1 has thicker neck profile. Is it same thing with Soloists?
        My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

The RR1 and SL2H/SL1H were often listed as having the same neck dimensions during the early/mid 2000s.
          .790 3rd fret, .850 12th fret.
          Perhaps it's changed?
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I expect the USA Select Soloists and Rhoads are gonna have a slightly bigger, rounder profile than most imports.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Zedder View Post
              I have an old Soloist Professional Pro and it has thinnest neck of all my Jacksons. Do all regular USA soloists (SL1 and SL2) have thicker necks than japanese Pro? I have also a RR1 (2008) and a RR Professional Pro, and RR1 has thicker neck profile. Is it same thing with Soloists?
              Yep - 100%. The Soloist Pro is the thinnest neck off all. I had my CS's made to that spec as I love a thin flat neck like that. FWIW, I tried to get GMW to build one that thin and Lee would not do it.

.700" at the 3rd and .780" at the 12th

Comment

The 80's heel was never "bulky" feeling to me but that is of course subjective. That went up to 89
                The "crescent" heel in the 2nd pic I have only seen in 1990 on soloists.
                Last pic is representative to the current heel but I haven't seen it such a straight line...that might be the white paint hiding the contours.
                There is no heel joint on a USA soloist, the neck goes all the way to the bottom. The newer one have a scarf joint at the head end.
                Last edited by Catharpin; 08-29-2016, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X