Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this an early Jackson body? Help me figure it out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this an early Jackson body? Help me figure it out...

I think it's a Jackson...please let me know what you think it is, approximate year and value? Electronics all work, no neck or neckplate.
    Is the paint and/or wood missing from the neck pocket/neck pickup stock, or did someone route that away? Thanks for your help!

Not a Jackson with that weird looking control cavity shape.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Firewood Sorry

Comment

here's another pic of the inside of the control cavity...

Comment

It's still not going to turn it into a Jackson.

Comment

Agreed, not a Jackson.

Comment

I agree. The body looks Jacksonesque, but the control cavity gives it away.

Comment

Control layout and trem are also weird.

I only have limited experience taking apart Jackson/Charvel bolt-ons but the neck pockets have always been bare wood (not painted).

Finally, the tremolo cavity backplate (and screw holes on the body) has in-line middle holes. In my experience, the middle holes should be more "staggered" as seen in the generic example below:

Comment

thanks for the info...I think i'll donate this to my local neighborhood beginner guitar shredder

Comment

Originally posted by acorkos View Post
                    thanks for the info...I think i'll donate this to my local neighborhood beginner guitar shredder
                    That would be very nice. BTW, my post earlier - I was just busting balls

Comment

Comment

If you can fit a nice neck on it, it might be a great player.

Comment

It appears that someone extended that neck pocket right up to the pickup cavity.
                          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                            It appears that someone extended that neck pocket right up to the pickup cavity.
                            Yeah, that's definitely been carved up a bit there.

Maybe they decided to put a 24 fret neck where a 22 fretter used to go?

Comment

Ah, that explains the nice clean curved paint line separating the red paint from the bare wood in the neck pocket!

Comment

Working...
                              X