No announcement yet.

Jackson custom shop issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't understand how a company of this stature can make such rookie mistakes, and how does this stuff get passed the QC guys? regardless if they're white, mexican, black, purple green... a build sheet is a build sheet. how the F does this keep happening and why isn't there someone in management saying "hey we been screwing this up for years lets fix it"

Comment

Because their priority is the import stuff - that's where they make the bulk of the revenue. Plus the CS is still massively back-ordered and Custom Select is very popular, so there's no pressing business need to change. Don't forget, the guitars that get completed but are built wrong don't go in the chipper, they get sold to the next customer. So there's not even any penalty to the company there, just to the customer who gets to wait.
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

So, if the trans purple you want is different from their trans purple, would this change your order from custom select to custom shop?

Comment

I had Lee over at GMW retook and finish a dinky body for me. He sent me 6 different test boards of Purple trans finishes. If you got to his Facebook page and go through the photos, mine is toward the bottom from April 2015...It took a purple and blue mix to get the color....Mike

Comment

Originally posted by ilbianconero View Post
            So, if the trans purple you want is different from their trans purple, would this change your order from custom select to custom shop?
            I don't think so - you might have to weather an upcharge, but not a full custom shop MB fee..

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
              I don't think so - you might have to weather an upcharge, but not a full custom shop MB fee..
              +1. Jackson is reasonably flexible with the finishes they'll allow on custom select orders, at least for solid and trans-top colors. Sometimes for an up charge, though.

Comment

Originally posted by EMPIRE520 View Post
                I just don't understand how a company of this stature can make such rookie mistakes, and how does this stuff get passed the QC guys? regardless if they're white, mexican, black, purple green... a build sheet is a build sheet. how the F does this keep happening and why isn't there someone in management saying "hey we been screwing this up for years lets fix it"
                Jackson is basically running at Corona in a neglected back section of the shop. They don't even have their own paint booth and need to request time from FMIC for their paint booth. It sucks. But it is what it is. They still make incredibly great guitars and their QC is actually very improved from where it used to be.

You just need to realize Jackson is not a priority for FMIC and they're treated like that. The Jackson guys do care, but with any company there are quirks. Either you live with them and work around them or you do not.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

well I got an update today,... my rebuild is underway and started this morning!

apparently someone in management at Jackson had seen this thread I started before my saleman had gotten a return call lol. so that being said let me clear some things up...

my issue with the first and second guitar was ONLY the color (and the headstock logo on the first) the guitars themselves were simply AMAZING GUITARS!!! I'm no virtuoso by any means but I own plenty of high end guitars, and know what a quality guitar is... both of these ones were badass and VERY hard to choose to NOT buy them AS WELL!

My salesman Scott at Rainbow Guitars in Tucson Az has been badass in helping me with this every step of the way also

I'm glad that Jackson pays attention to forums like this, gives me some faith in them for sure. I'm really excited about this 3rd build and will keep everyone updated as I get my color samples and we get this moved along!

I know it seems like I may be kissing some ass or something but believe me if you knew me you would know I'm the type of guy that don't take any shit and would much rather catch another assault case then be disrespected, and am a California transplant so a quick trip to corona would be easy for me to set things or people straight. but I felt that if I was going to post about my issues, that it was ONLY FAIR for me to give the credit due to those involved helping to remedy the situation. we all to often take the time to complain about things and spend less time posting the positive. so that being said i look forward to updating you guys on this 3rd build

Last edited by EMPIRE520; 08-12-2016, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Nice! This is a private forum, but it's cool to know Jackson still checks in from time to time to see to criticism we give them when shit goes wrong.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'll quote myself here, but again: "I've also said for a long time that while the process may be frustrating, when mistakes have occurred they have always made things right and the guitars have been fantastic. The problem is in the process / QC, rather than the ultimate end result."

Comment

I have owned many "purple" Jackson guitars they have been almost all been pinkish and one was blue unless you put it right up to your face. Only ones that were really purple were indian made from the early 90's. I have seen they get it right one only maybe 2 really high end custom shops.

Comment

Proof they can get it right (now sold):

Comment

so far no "samples" of purple from the custom shop..... waiting sucks....

Comment

Originally posted by EMPIRE520 View Post
                              I know it seems like I may be kissing some ass or something but believe me if you knew me you would know I'm the type of guy that don't take any shit and would much rather catch another assault case then be disrespected, and am a California transplant so a quick trip to corona would be easy for me to set things or people straight.
                              Care to clarify yourself? I hope I misread what you're saying.
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

3rd time definately WAS NOT a charm,....

this picture makes me laugh really hard, because here is a picture Jackson took of my 3rd build next to the color sample Jackson... that they still cannot seem to do correctly.... I'm just so utterly over this build.... What a let down Jackson has become. I was supposed to approve the color sample, they never sent it, and here we are...AGAIN. I should have just ordered BLACK!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X