30th anniversary soloist ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30th anniversary soloist ?

Hi guys ! Wonder how many of you guys here is crazy about the 30th anniversary soloist made by Mike shannon ? I supposed the 30th soloist is made with the right feel of the era 1987 soloist ?

How thin is the anniversary different from the regular SL2H ?

Is poplar wing used for the old 1987 soloist just like whats used now on the 30th ?

The 30th anniversary Soloist came out in 2014. Why would it have specs from 1987?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It supposedly did have poplar wings, non-recessed Floyd and three mini switches for selecting pickups.
      But it had EMGs instead of Jackson pickups. It also had the old style neck heel.

Me? Well, even though the 30th birtday Soloist is a cool guitar for sure, I already have a 1987 Charvel M6 with an OFR. Biggest difference is that it has a rosewood board instead of Ebony. That guitar has been my #1 since the day I picked it up. Not letting it go for anything.

Comment

Way cool guitar...way too expensive too.

Comment

Kind of glad that I have an original.

Comment

Cool !! But is the neck profile thinner than the todays SL model ?

Comment

Originally posted by hopkinsWFG View Post
              Cool !! But is the neck profile thinner than the todays SL model ?
              I can't really say as I've never played the new model. The neck on this one is quite chunky and really stable.

Comment

yeah for some dumb reason the specs are more like an 87, then a 83/4. 3 knobs, bigger control route, non tabbed single routes, but it does have the older style logo.

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                The 30th anniversary Soloist came out in 2014. Why would it have specs from 1987?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks2axe View Post
                  I can't really say as I've never played the new model. The neck on this one is quite chunky and really stable.
                  Sorry... but how would you be able to tell if your neck is stable or not ? gets out of tune ? Or mm relief check at 12th fret ? I just wanna know how to check on the know how to spot an unstable neck...

Comment

Originally posted by hopkinsWFG View Post
                    Sorry... but how would you be able to tell if your neck is stable or not ? gets out of tune ? Or mm relief check at 12th fret ? I just wanna know how to check on the know how to spot an unstable neck...
                    Well I haven't had to adjust the truss rod in years even if I change string gauge and set the Floyd the same there is no movement in the neck so I guess that classes it as a stable neck.

Comment

Working...
                    X