Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson tuners by which manufacturer and which manufacturers model ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson tuners by which manufacturer and which manufacturers model ?

Wonder which manufacturer did for their soloist line ? That jackson labelled tuners fitted on the regulat soloist ie sl1 and sl2h....

I believe they are Gotoh. Back in the day they used others, like the Schaller which were labeled as such. But the modern ones are likely Gotoh.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Thanks but will a schaller retrofit into the spacing of the gotoh tuner?

Comment

yes they will be.

Comment

Originally posted by hopkinsWFG View Post
          Thanks but will a schaller retrofit into the spacing of the gotoh tuner?
          I think it depends on the tuner.

Comment

Thank you guys.... its my 2004 jackson sl2h has been giving me some kinda tuning problem i guess... it got out of tune after playing.. i usually dont lock the nut when playing so i could reach the tuners anytime if it got out of tune... but am thinking if i could change the tuners it would probably be better.... have tried locking the nut and it was in tune so i can be in position to say the bridge is ok.... am not too sure if its a neck issue thou ...

Comment

A Floyded guitar will not stay in tune if you use the Floyd and don't lock the nut. I don't care what tuners you have, its just not designed to work that way. Install your strings, tune them, stretch them, retune them, lock the nut and you're done.
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

+1. Swapping tuners isn't going to solve that issue. Lock the nut, that's what it's designed for.

Comment

+2 my 2005 SL2H stays in tune forever.

Comment

Thanks guys will lock it then

Comment

Working...
                    X