NGD CS Select

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD CS Select

Thanks a ton to Matt & Jay for getting this done. It actually got delivered a few weeks ago but the volume knob came off in transit and beat the hell out of the finish so I sent it right back to the custom shop to get re-finished and it came back today.
    Second Custom shop with Matt and it's always great to work with his shop.
    Sorry for the crappy pics...little overcast today and I don't feel motivated enough to create art pics...lol.

-Michael

Very nice! Is that red or orange?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks! Candy tangerine actually.
      -Michael

Comment

Cool. It's a great color. EMG 57?

Comment

Good eye...I'm impressed. Yep. I've never liked EMG pickups but after I played a 57 I've replaced the JB's in all my Jacksons. My favorite pickup. The 57 isn't an option through the custom shop so I got and 81 and swapped it when I got it home. Of course the black screws in the 81 wouldn't fit so that's why they're silver.
          Used to get uptight about mismatching hardware but now i don't care about it.
          -Michael

Comment

Well, I noticed the battery box on the back and saw pole pieces on the pickup, so figured it was the new EMG. I've always been more of a fan of the 85 in the bridge over the 81. I might look into the 57/66 models eventually.

Comment

Very nice! Clean and simple looking!
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Very nice! You don't find the 57 too compressed? I tried the 57/66 combo in an SL2HT and was way compressed. What was the turnaround time for the build?
                Heath

Comment

Sweet fiddle!
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Carcaridon View Post
                    Very nice! You don't find the 57 too compressed? I tried the 57/66 combo in an SL2HT and was way compressed. What was the turnaround time for the build?
                    Sorry...never been really good with all the adjectives people use to describe guitar tones. I've heard too compressed before describing different pickups but I'm not sure what people are describing. Too me it's super high output, like having a boost on, but still incredibly clear...you can hear every string in chords and it's really unforgiving with sloppy playing. Doesn't sound sterile like the 81/85...like a PAF on steroids and to my ears very dynamic and articulate. FWIW I play through both a 100 watt modified JMP and a 5150 III through two 25w greenback loaded 1960 cabs and I've never heard anything I would describe as overly compressed. Just sounds like a whole lot of awesome.

I ordered it in late December and it arrived damaged in mid May. I've seen people here complain about turnaround times and Jay at Matt's Music said he was surprised it was completed so quickly....so no doubt I was pleased and felt lucky. Maybe Matt's gotta a ton of pull there...lol.
                    Last edited by vander; 07-30-2016, 06:47 AM.
                    -Michael

Comment

Love the color. Congrats!

Comment

Here's the update pic the custom shop sent during the re-finish. Thought that was pretty cool of them.

-Michael

Comment

Very cool, congrats!

Comment

Love it - been thinking about getting something super similar myself, just in a different color!

Comment

Originally posted by x_zac10 View Post
                              Love it - been thinking about getting something super similar myself, just in a different color!
                              Thanks! I know the color's probably not for everyone but I've always had a secret love affair with the Lamborghini Gallardo and I was probably subconsciously trying to create a guitar version of that car
                              -Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X