NGD- PC-1 Shred 1 of 12!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AAEA View Post
    reminds me of a Kramer sustainer I used to have with the blue flip flop color.
    Technically it is. Kramer used the Floyd Rose sustainer system before Jackson got exclusive rights to it.
    The original PC1 sustainer only had minor changes from the unit used by Kramer. Most noticeable was the LED indicator was moved to the back of the board and is only visible through a hole in the control cavity.
    -Rick

Comment

Killer guitar for sure..congrats

Comment

Thanks!

Neck wise I'd say it's kind of in between. Not as chunky as my older PC-1, but not a thin one either. Closer to my Soloist.

Comment

Love that color!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Grats! I'm not a fan of the flip flop paint, but I do love the blue color it looks in promo shots!

I'd probably have bought one if I didn't get the strathead that I wanted.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I just realized something....

Shouldn't the bridge pickup be a Super 3?

Comment

Normally there's a Super 3 in the PCs, but not sure why they put an X2N in there. Maybe they wanted something with even higher output since it's a "shred" model.

Comment

Ahhh.... could be.

Comment

That'd be my guess, even though the Super 3 is pretty high output, just the X2N is over the top.

Comment

I was looking at the Dimarzio page. The X2N is ridiculous.

Problem is it's hard to blend volumes with the Chopper.

Comment

Hmm, the Chopper is supposed to blend pretty well with the X2N. Maybe lower the X2N a little or raise the Chopper.

Comment

I'm gonna raise the Chopper. But I'm gonna have to remove the pickup ring to do it, as it's direct mounted along side the Sustainer.

Comment

Make sure the bridge and the sustainer driver are at the same height from the strings.
                            The sustainer works better that way.
                            -Rick

Comment

Not that surprising that they tossed in an X2N actually!

Rudi Riviere (great guitarist and long time friend of Phil Collen) convinced him to try one in one of his tour PC1's a few years back and he seemed to like it live.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
                                I'm gonna raise the Chopper. But I'm gonna have to remove the pickup ring to do it, as it's direct mounted along side the Sustainer.
                                Very Cool. What is the pickup switching. How does it sound. Thx Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X