NGD: Custom Shop SLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Custom Shop SLS

Picked up this SLS off of eBay. According to the hangtag, it was made in 2008 (turns out, the same day I graduated High School) and is finished in Primer Black. JB/59 pickup combo. Oddly enough, the JB sounds great in this guitar.

I restrung it with 10-52 Slinky's and set it up for D standard. I'm waiting to make sure the truss rod settles before putting the cover back on.

Plays great and weighs nothing. Been playing it off and on for the past 6 hours and am glad I took a chance on it.

A few pics until the storm clouds pass...

Last edited by DRM; 07-06-2016, 03:37 PM.

Nice one. I think that head stock looks best with dots.

Comment

Looks great! Congrats.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Black is beautiful.
        I'm all for ditching truss rod covers.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

That looks awesome man! I have always disliked the JB myself but it did sound really good on a strat I used to own.

Comment

Originally posted by bucketbrian45 View Post
            I have always disliked the JB myself but it did sound really good on a strat I used to own.
            It's very much a love/hate pickup. I like it in some guitars, but it sounds wimpy in my alder bodied Soloist. I replaced the A5 magnet with an A8 and it's like my SL2H went through puberty.

Comment

Nice, is it odd they didn't do the dots at the 24th fret?

Comment

That strat was the only guitar the jb sounded good in lol. I've never attempted a change of magnet on a pickup, is it difficult?

Comment

Killer guitar. What's the value on something like this? Is it someone's custom order they don't want any more?

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                  Nice, is it odd they didn't do the dots at the 24th fret?
                  A sharkfin isn't typical on the 24th fret either.

Comment

Grats! Yeah, I don't mind that headstock as much with dots. Looks classic!
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Dots w/ binding is always a winner. Nice score

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                        Killer guitar. What's the value on something like this? Is it someone's custom order they don't want any
                        From my understanding, this wasn't a one off piece and was part of a limited run.

As for it's value...only what someone is willing to pay. I didn't pay anywhere near what a used USA Select Jackson is normally going for these days and know that I got a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                          A sharkfin isn't typical on the 24th fret either.
                          I've been wondering this for ages. Why don't they put a sharkfin inlay on fret #24? It looks so empty there, doesn't it?

Comment

Working...
                          X